Chapter 7: Fixed, Found, Finished

While Hakim was busy trying to fix the heavily broken fence, Furina on the other hand, was definitely struggling to find the sheep she had to return back with.

'Eughhh, this is utterly hopeless. I'm never going to find those sheep, I've already asked 6 people if they saw some of them wandering about. And I've got absolutely nothing!' She frustratingly thought.

But then she suddenly saw two little kids, a girl and a boy running and laughing with two sheep  following them.

Furina had an imaginary light bulb over her head that lit up as she thought, 'Ah hah! Those must be 2 out of the 4 sheep that I have to find! The couple never told me what they looked like, but it's worth asking the kids with them.'

She walked up to the kids, "Salutations! Little children, it is I, Furina de Fontaine in the flesh! May I ask you a question young ones?" She bowed as she spoke.

The young girl had a twinkle in her small and cute little eye when she saw Furina clearly seeing her as an idol, the boy meanwhile was amazed he had a chance to talk to the Archon directly in person.

"Wow!" The girl exclaimed happily, "It's Lady Furina! Hi hi!" She waves her tiny hand at Furina.

Furina laughs lightly, "The one and only." She said with a grin. "Now about that question.. May I?"

"Yes yes, go on My Lady!" The kids said in unison, eager to hear the Archon's question.

"These sheep that are with you..." She dragged, adding a thought before finishing. 'I don't think they'd be lying to me if I ask with they?' She tsked, 'Nevermind, I should still ask! I really hope these are 2 of the sheep I need to find so that I can find the other 2 and get this over with, I've been at this for over an hour already.'

"Did your parents buy them for you...?" Furina crossed her fingers behind her back, really hoping these are the real deal.

The two children looked at the sheep and glanced at each other. Eventually the boy shook his head lightly and explained, "No, we just found them. Gave them some food, and they started to follow us." The girl beside him nodding.

Furina was happy that they spoke of the truth, but she had another problem to deal with; would these two let her take the sheep with her? Have they grown attached to them?

She shook them away, "Well what if I told you, these sheep are from an elderly couple? Would you let me take them?"

"Really what happened?" The little girl asked.

"The fence containing these sheep unexpectedly broke and they fled from it. They wandered about, that's why you just found them."

The boy put his hand up to his chin. Seemingly to think, after a while. He spoke up, "My mama always said not to trust strangers with anything! But you're the Archon so you must be telling the truth!"

"Mhm! Although, these sheep are well-behaved... We are not their true and rightful owners, it's better for them to be back with their real owners. Not going to lie we've grown attached. But you should take them back to the couple Lady Furina!" The girl agreed with her friend, and also explained.

'It's good that their parents teach them not to trust strangers so easily.' Furina thought.

"Aww! Thank you for believing in me young ones, sadly I suggest you say your goodbyes. I have to take them with me, I still have to find 2 more after them." Furina spoke in a cheery tone, that quickly changed into sad when she says she has to take them with her.

Both kids nodded, turned to the sheep, "Bye bye cute sheep! May you be reunited with your owners!" The girl said, "Yeah... Bye..." The boy sadly waved goodbye alongside the girl.