Chapter 2: Meeting Monsieur Neuvillette

After Hakim left Furina's office, he immediately walked back to the reception to find Sedene.

'Glad I remembered the way back, hey, my memorization is amazing. Good job me!' Hakim congratulates himself.

When he got there, he was delighted to see Sedene there. Just doing some paperwork.

He approached her and greeted, "Hello again and Good afternoon Sedene! May I ask for your assistance again?"

"Good afternoon to you too Mr. Hakim! And why not? How may I be of assistance to you this time? Oh right, how did the meeting with Lady Furina go?" Sedene greeted back.

"It went swell! If you want I can tell you more later, can I meet with Monsieur Neuvillette next?"

"About that, I'm not so sure... What would you like to ask him if you do? I hope you don't mind telling me. I know he'd be free at 5:30, but most of the time he just finds more ways to be busy again." She informed.

"I don't mind, I wanted to apply for the Maison Gardiennage." He simply said.

"Ooh! A new member of the Palais Mermonia's employees, how exciting! I hope you get the job!" She gleefully exclaimed.

But quickly toned down a bit, "But I'll also have to check with him first, you wouldn't mind waiting again would you?"

Hakim shook his head, "Nope, I'm slowly getting used to this, seems like I'm fast at getting familiar with things."

"Alright then! Off I go~" Sedene was about to walk but quickly stopped.

As if on cue, the ludex himself appeared.

"No need, Sedene. I am already here, I went here to give you these files. But then I heard this man over here wanted to apply for the Maison Gardiennage." Neuvillette had a stack of papers in his hands.

"Well, that saves me from explaining to you! Here hand me over the papers Monsieur, I'll take it from here."

"It's alright, I'll just put this on the desk. So you don't need to carry it." Neuvillette walked past Hakim and puts the files down on the desk.

Neuvillette turns to Hakim, "You're here to apply, are you not? You must be from Snezhnaya."

"The name's Hakim Valk Monsieur, and you are correct on both accounts."

"Mr. Hakim, please follow me to my office. I shall interview you and determine if you're worthy of the job."

Hakim nodded, Neuvillette walked ahead of him. And before Hakim followed he quickly thanked Sedene and caught up to Neuvillette.

While walking, Neuvillette strikes up a conversation, "I heard you've met Lady Furina, yes?"

"I have, I just asked her questions and to be her friend. She answered all of them and accepted my offer." Hakim quickly explained before Neuvillette could ask.

"Hm, I see. Seems like you've sensed what I would ask next, so you took one step ahead of me."

"I did."

With that, they arrived at yet another tall and shiny muraled and gemmed door. Except this time, it's Neuvillette's office.

"Please come in, I apologize. I didn't prepare anything beforehand, would you like anything to drink?" Neuvillette said.

"No, I'm not thirsty. I've already had some with F- Lady Furina, but thank you for the offer Monsieur." Hakim declined Neuvillette's offer politely, mentally scolding himself for almost slipping up.

'I almost called Furina so casually in front of Neuvillette, what would he think if I called Furina just by her name? Better to watch my mouth to avoid slipping up.' He made a mental note to himself.

'Watch what you say carefully in front of others.'

'Plus, me and Furina have not talked about if we'd make it known or not.'

"Is that so? Alright then, please have a seat." Neuvillette decided not to mind Hakim's little almost slip up.

As a Dragon Sovereign, he can pretty much guess what happened between them.

"I'll start." Neuvillette said as he took a paper and quill from his desk before sitting down in front of Hakim.

"Do you know how to investigate a case, fight, defend others and initiate chase if a convict were to resort to violence on people or run away from the other Gardes?"

"I know all of them, Monsieur." Hakim answered.

"What would you do if a convict injures someone badly or killed someone in order for him to have enough time to escape? With people or not and it's just you alone on the mission?"

"If I were in the scenario with people then I'd ask one of them to attend to the injuries of the person if they were injured, on the other hand if the person was killed I'll let someone take care of the body. If I were in the scenario alone, I'd call for backup and quickly attend to the person's injures and lead them to safely, and then immediately find where the convict's run off to and apprehend them. If the person was killed, I'd put the body to where it would be safe and where the other Gardes can quickly find once I called for back up, then immediately do the same thing I would if the person was injured." Hakim explained in a serious tone.

Neuvillette quickly wrote all of this down, "Looks like you're well on your way to being hired, although, you'd have to get to know your answer tomorrow. I have to think this thoroughly, I hope you don't mind. Do you?"

"No, I don't mind waiting for tomorrow Monsieur. After all, you have to pick the best people to protect the law of Fontaine."

"Very good observation, I commend you for that. This concludes our interview." Neuvillete says.

"You can go back to Sedene and ask her, where your quarters are. We make sure there is a place here for employees to stay at."

Hakim nodded, "Will do Monsieur, see you tomorrow. Have a good evening." He said and stood up.

Neuvillette said his goodbyes and Hakim turns to the door and left Neuvillette's office.

After a few minutes...

Hakim once again arrived back at the reception, and saw Sedene taking care of the files Neuvillette gave her.

"Good evening this time Sedene, I apologize for the third interruption this day. But may you show me to my quarters, Monsieur Neuvillette said you'd know."

Sedene laughs, "No need to apologize, good evening to you too. And I sure do! Please follow me, I'll show you the way!"

Sedene walked ahead of Hakim, and he followed suit.

After walking again for a few minutes...

They stopped at another tall, sparkly gemmed and shiny muraled door.

'Geez this place has a lot of shiny and sparkly stuff.' Hakim thought in disbelief.

"Here are your quarters! Please have a good night and sleep well, I will be taking my leave!" Sedene gave him the key.

Hakim took the key, "Thank you once again for your help Sedene, have a good night and sleep well too. See you tomorrow!" He waved.

Sedene waved back and hopped away.

After Sedene left the hallway, Hakim turned to the door and opened it with the key.

Inside the room was spacious and had a soft and comfortable bed, another door that Hakim guessed led to the bathroom, two end tables at the sides of the bed, one closet, a desk and a chair at the corner of the room, a bookshelf with a lot of books, and a cabinet.

'Wow, they provided it all. If I get the job. It seems like this'll be my place for as long as I need until I figure out how to get back to my world, I also need my memories back... Maybe some of my memories will return to me during the long run of this goal of mine.'

'For now I should just rest easy and sleep, I might have a long day tomorrow.'