Sudden confession

Byul's POV

I thought back to when Jae confessed to me. "Byul.. I really like you. I fell for you while I got to know you through our study group. I know you must be really taken aback by this confession. I mean I don't expect you to reply now because I want you to have time to think it over." Jae sunbae said.

"Byul!" My best girl friend, Sohee called out. Me, Sohee, and Yul became really close this year when she came in as a transfer student. She seemed really lonely so me and Yul took her in. "Hey Sohee" I reply happily. "Sunbae Jae seemed to be having a serious talk with you. What was that all about?" Sohee asked as we sat down by a bench. "He... confessed to me." I tell her. "What?! Oh my gosh! This is big Byul! So tell me how you feel about this" she said excitedly. "Well.. I mean I like Jae but only as a friend and sunbae... guess what? this is my first confession I've ever got. I thought I would never get confessed to by any guy haha" I say. "What?! That is absolute nonsense. Girl you're going to get confessed to plenty of times in the future." Sohee compliments. "Well, thanks for the compliment, but, You and I both know I am not the guy's type. I wear glasses, I only focus on studying, I don't have much friends except you, Yul, and our study group people. The girls in our class hate my guts because they think I'm hogging Yul" I ranted. "Byul! stop beating yourself up! You're perfect okay? Don't let anyone else's thinking affect how you see yourself " Sohee said. I was jealous of Sohee's optimistic personality. Sohee was popular among the boys and I can see why. I'm thankful to have a best friend like her. "Oh by the way, where's Yul? I thought you guys walked home together everyday?" Sohee asked. "Oh crap! Jae took me by surprise that I forgot about Yul! Hey Sohee I'll talk to you later okay?" I quickly say as I run off.

Where is this dumb butt Yul! He would usually wait for me even though I'm talking to someone. I wonder if he's upset about something. I hope he isn't mad I made him wait too long. Something tells me I should check Yoru (Our secret place that Yul wanted to call).

I finally step into our beautiful Yoru. I spotted Yul throwing rocks at the waterfall so I toss a small rock lightly at his back. I smile at him and playfully act like I'm mad at him for not waiting for me. But he doesn't smile back and doesn't reply to me. "Yul. Are you.. upset about something? Did I do something wrong?" I ask carefully. "No." he briefly replies as he tosses another rock into the waterfall. "Then what is it? Why are you upset?" Still no answer. "I know when your upset dummy" I said quietly as I lowered his arm and prevented him from throwing another rock. He gives out a big sigh. he puts his hands to my face and looks into my eyes for a split second. My heart immediately reacts and flutters... and then of course he wouldn't be Yul if he didn't lightly push my face to the side while saying "I'm going to head back home idiot" YUL HWANG! grr why wont he tell me why he's so upset. I'm getting worried since he tells me everything that's on his mind usually. "Yul! Wait up!" I shout at him while trying to catch up to him. "Yul. Yoooollll~Hwang Yul? Yul? Hey! hey you!" I say while poking him. He wouldn't budge and still had his stern serious face on. "Yul come on now. Look we are almost home come on you have got to tell me what's bothering you!" I say as I grab his arm. "I'M ON MY MAN PERIOD! There! Are you happy now? I'm just mad for no reason okay? SO just don't touch me or bother me Byul." He says as he turns and walks towards his house. I cannot believe him. "FINE!" I cry out. MAN PERIOD?! Really?! Fine! If he doesn't want to talk to me then fine! Just fine. I storm into my house.

Well he just soiled my mood for the day! What is with him really? The more he does that the more I'm worried and bothered by our little fight. I mean it's not like this is the first time we had conflict. We had arguments here and there as kids. I plopped my backpack down by my bed as I plunged into my pillow and groaned. "Hey you" my sister says as she walks in and towards my desk. I just give her a hand motion to leave with my face still plunged deep into my pillow. "What's up with you? did u get a bad test score? grade?" she asks. "No! I'm not always about grades and studying you know. Its just... Yul. I think he's mad at me or he's upset about something but in front of our house he just got mad at me for no reason" I ranted. "What did he say?" Haneul asked. "He just said I'M ON MY MAN PERIOD and for me not to touch him or bother him. Then he stormed into his house." I explained to her. "Well, I guess he had a bad day or something. I mean just wait until tomorrow. I'm sure he will apologize to you or something. He always says sorry the next day every time you guys have conflict. Don't worry too much Byul. Okay?" Haneul says while smiling. ...Another thing to be thankful for is a sister that is there to listen to my every problems. "Thanks Haneul" I say as she exits my room.