Sweet Apology

Yul POV

Oh my Yul. Epic face palm! Why am I so stupid. I feel so bad... I let my jealousy take over and hurt Byul for no reason... Ugh but what do I say I was upset about? I better ask my mom to buy a pretty hair accessory on her way home from work.

*couple hours later

"Yul! I'm home!" My mom says as she heads towards my room. "How was school sweetie? What do you want for dinner?" She asks. "School was the usual and I'm not very hungry mom" I say with the blanket covering my face. "Okayy~ but don't tell me you're hungry later on. OH. I got Byul a pretty barrette. What did you guys fight about?" my mom says as she places the accessory on my desk. I get up. "Mom, how did you know I fought with Byul?" I say surprised. "Yul, you always ask me to get something every time you and Byul have an argument. I don't think you have given any gift to any other girl ever it's always Byul. Yul, honey I don't know what you guys argued about but be a gentleman and say your sorry first. It's good for you and Byul if you try to resolve things first sweetheart." My mom lectures. "This time mom, I hurt Byul. Pray that we can resolve things tomorrow morning." I say. "Okay sweetie." She replies. "Oh! And mom?" I quickly say. "Yes?" "Can we have Alfredo pasta tonight?" I say with a "cheese" smile. "I knew you wouldn't skip dinner" my mom says with a grin as she closes my door.

*The next day.

I wait for Byul by her house to walk to school together. "Oh hi Yul! I thought Byul walked with you to school?" Byul's mom says as she takes out the trash. "Hello Mrs. Park! So Byul already left for school?" I ask. "Yeah, she says she wanted to go early today. Well I'm late for work so I'll see you later sweetie!" Mrs. Park says as she gets into her car and drives off. Byul must be really mad. I mean I deserve it! I feel terrible for yesterday. Not waiting for her and hurting her by being so cold.

*At School. Byul's POV

I purposefully avoided Yul today morning and walked to school by myself. "I guess you and Yul really did fight yesterday or something" Jin says smirkingly as she approaches me. I didn't like Jin. Jin was a bully. Not your average "give me your lunch money bully" but the sneaky and sly fox type mean girl. She apparently outcasted a lot of people in her old school before transferring including Sohee since they went to the same school previously. As soon as she transferred she blackmailed a lot of the popular people to make sure every girl is on the palm of her hands. It seemed as if the girls were the only people to notice how sly she was. I don't get why Yul is friends with her. She obviously likes Yul which means she would hate me and pick fights with me and Sohee. "Good morning to you too Jin" I say trying to avoid conflict. She blocks my way to the school entrance. "Well, so tell me nerd did you and Yul fight?" she says as she pushes my right shoulder. As she tries to push my shoulder again I grab her hand and say "Don't be so nosy Jin. That info is only for me and Yul to know" I say brushing her off as I let go of her finger. I can feel her glare on my back as I continue into school.

*Later that day.

I was absorbed into my studying until Yul quickly puts a notebook on top of what I am studying. I turn to look back at Yul. I could tell from his eyes that he looks sorry and mouths to me to please open the notebook. I sigh and open the notebook. What I found was so sweet. I opened the front cover and saw a drawing of me and him at Yoru, our secret place. I flip to the next pages and they say I. Am. Sorry. Can. You. Please. Come. Out. To. The. Hall. with beautiful drawings on each. I wonder if he's saying to come now? I look back over to his desk and he's not there. So I make my way outside the classroom and found him. I lean against the wall and wait for him to break the silence. He comes closer and looks into my eyes. Again, my heart starts doing that weird thing where it beats so loud I can hear it. He suddenly goes "OH! There's a bug in your hair". "Ahhh get it off" I exclaim as I stay frozen and close my eyes. "Is it gone? Did you get the bug?" I say as I slowly open my eyes. I open my eyes to him holding out a pretty barrette. He proceeds to clip it in my hair while saying "I'm really sorry about yesterday Byul. I don't know what got over me." "It's okay Yul. But you got me worried. Is something bothering you? Er.. Do you mind me asking?" I say carefully. "Of course you can ask you dummy, I tell you everything... But.. but can you let this one slide?" Yul replies. "Of course dummyhead. Just as long as you're fine." I say. "I'm fine really." Yul says as he sticks out his pinky finger. "Promise?" I say. "Promise" he replies as we pinky promise.