The epiphany

Yul's POV

Not talking to Byul these past couple of weeks has been killing me... What's on her mind? What is she thinking? Is this the end of us even though we didn't even get a chance to start? Why am I such a jerk! I am so dumb.. I shouldn't have said anything.. I.. I am so helpless in what to do next. As my I asked myself what do I do, I bumped into Sohee. "Hey Bud, why the long face?" Asked Sohee. Should I ask Sohee for help? "Actually... I" just as I was going to ask for her advice, Byul came around. We both said hi very awkwardly with a lot of tension and just stood there. I can tell Sohee caught that something was up because she was looking over at me and then Byul, me and then Byul again. Just as I was going to go in, Sohee said " Geez Yul why do you suck at games so much, I win the bet again! Ice cream after school again okay?" Wow. I knew Sohee was a good person but she's just so cool... she's cooler than me. Can't believe she knew I wanted to ask her for advice..

*later after school
"Hey butthead, what did you do this time?" Sohee asked as she handed me the ice cream. I explained the whole situation to her. "Yul you butthead! Of course she misunderstood but that's not even the problem, what the problem was is that you didn't even explain yourself to her! AND you say that you really like her and yet you let her see you with another girl in your arm? Oh and boy let me tell you it ain't JUST a girl... you had the bitchiest fox in your arms. Jin is a bully Yul. When will guys see that in her?" Sohee ranted.. "Soo what do I do? I can't lose Byul.. she's too precious to me as a woman but more precious to me as a friend" I confessed. I am a pretty smart guy but when it comes to Byul why am I so dumb? "Listen to me Yul, you have got to confess to Byul. Explain yourself! Be a man and confess and be mature enough to understand if she doesn't want more. Come on Yul, I know your smart. You got this" Sohee said encouragingly. I went home that day knowing what I have to do and started planning for my confession to Byul. But first I got to break our ice. I got the be the mature one and talk first.

*The next day
7 a.m. I wake up extra early and get dressed early and wait outside for Byul. Clank* After thirty minutes of waiting I hear the door opening from Byul's house. Byul walks with her head down and finally looks up upon seeing my feet. "Oh Yul... hi.. good morning... you are usually never up this time in the morning... Well. Um I'll be on my way then..." Byul says as she is about to walk away. I grab her arms and say "That's because I know you go to school this early and I wanted to walk with you to school..." I could tell she was slightly touched by that but continuing like this will make it awkward so to break the ice i add "Your such a nerd, who goes to school this early? Are you a vampire? When do you sleep? Geez. Dummy I woke up this early for you so.. you have to do me a favor." "Just as I thought, I was wondering why you were so nice and then you added the whole nerd and vampire thing and that just broke the whole atmosphere." She said as she jokingly glared at me followed by a slight smile. She look almost relieved. As we start walking to school she says " So what's this favor that I totally don't feel like I owe you?" "Do you have $1000 dollars? I need it to repay the loan sharks " I ask. "WHAT? Yul Hwang why on earth would you ask me that? What trouble did you cause?" Byul asks as she hits my arm. "Hah! I'm joking!" I say as I reach for her hand.." Byul" I say seriously "I missed you.." I say as I look into her eyes. "Please hear me out and come to Yoru today at 5 p.m. And don't be late" I say as I run off to my class.