Middleman discharges granny from the hospital then Rinne kills a guy

Ennard was back from being burnt. Kanata had efficiently saved him from the burns. Ennard grabs Howie's phone in his claws, hanging up on Rei.

"Howie. We meet again."

"I just saw you 4 hours ago, Ennard."

"Shut the hell up. I can't let you do this. Think about everyone else."

"Rei will end me if I don't do this. I'm sorry it has to be this way. The most I can do is let Ronnie fight you, and have a surprise challenge of that sort."

"...What's in it for me? Does the bomb–"

"It won't kill everyone on this stage. But, Eichi Hooters is still doomed to fall. He'll get Niki back. I'm sorry."

"...Okay."

Howie picks up his phone, and dials Rei.

"... We have a surprise challenger."

"Alright! I'll go to the Hooters rn lol xd!! ^^" Rei cheerfully says, hangs up, and his eyes dart towards Kaoru and whispers to him, "Discharge me lol xd!!!" Kaoru sighs and nods, and Kanata just giggles. "Kanata, keep her some company 🤵🤔 here 🔢⛄ while 🙌 I 👁 go 💨 down 👸🖕 to 💦🌅 discharge her. 😝" Kaoru says, closing the door behind him, and walking through the hospital's halls before finally entering the elevator.

It was weird being a middleman, he thinks. He always was in the middle of Rei's and whoever's business. He wanted to have free time too. He wanted to try to flirt with girls and live a normal life, but of course, post-apocalypses don't grant normal lives.

Another sigh out of 1,000 came that day as he waited in the elevator of the other million people getting out and coming in.

Finally, once it was his turn and he was the last person to get off the elevator, he got off onto the lobby floor, relieved. That took so long, he thinks. He walks to the line of people going to get discharged and whatnot, and again, waiting, waiting. He wonders what's gonna happen after this all. Eh, he'll probably be dead– that's what Rei said to Willi- Willbum, right? That he's sorry for everything if he's dead; but why when he's only dead? It doesn't make sense. This superb (He hated that he called it that, but it's a good way to describe it) revenge Rei has for his enemies is too much, it's always behind the scenes and when you least expect it. What did Howie even do?

Kaoru also hated psychoanalyzing people at night though it always came naturally to him at that time.

He'd analyze everything about Rei's plans, and most importantly Kanata's obvious trauma about Madara. The way Kanata lost his mind after that, and had a new identity after it. He thinks how Midori should have made there be free healthcare and therapists throughout the land when there was a government.

He'd think about how he was truly this side character to Rei's main character-ness. The mediator, the middleman, sometimes the comedic relief bro dude who's not ready to accept his sexuality, and yes, he'd even admit that he was not ready to accept it.

Yes, there was an attraction for Kanata he felt, but, he wasn't ready for it yet. Both of them weren't. Carrot Man, obviously, but Kaoru just wasn't ready to get into it all again.

He'd fantasized about just happy love, and Carrot Man didn't feel like there was love in his eyes. He wasn't about romance like Kanata sometimes was. Carrot Man was about friendships, revenge, and treating people how people treated him.

"Hi, I would 👌 like to discharge Rei Sakuma, please. 🙏🤗"

And Rei was discharged.

Kanata was happy his friend was discharged, but of course, he was very confused because right after he came back his friend started going on a rant about his childhood love.