Chapter - 6 The One With The Queen's Gambit

On the way home from the Sindoor Khela, GK kept remembering the way she walked past him, smeared in red, sweat & tears, that screamed the intensity of whatever they had between them.

He smiled to himself. 'this woman will kill me one day. The only woman who can turn the composed good-boy in me to the devil who gate crashes into a festival to drag her aside and meddle with her until she confesses that I am nothing like anyone in her life.'

He wondered if he had pushed RG a bit too much that day. He knew he had taken revenge for her deserting him in the terrace but he was also sure that she was feeling terribly bad for it. 'Should have gone easy on her. She was so lost and eager for the kiss. Just like me. Fish!! I so want to kiss her, now. Thats the only thing I have been wanting to do for ages! Every moment I fantasise kissing her. And this freaking woman pisses me off so much by talking about Rajat that I am killing myself to prove her wrong.'

The way she looked at him hurt and teared up when he got down from the car, stood fixed in his memory. 'Ok fine! Sorry Rupali. Tomorrow I'll be a good boy to you. You wanted to talk, so lets talk. I'll be sweet to you. We will talk it out and kiss. Tomorrow is the day.'

He texted Chhavi that he is too tired and wanted to sleep off.

RG had told her mom that a scene needed to be redone and she would have to go with Kets to the sets. Rajat felt that was just an excuse so he offered to go with her. RG denied him on the pretext of needing someone to take mom home.

So RG went with Kets while a grumpy Rajat took RG's mom home. He kept pushing her mom to get them married soon.

RG in the car...

RG was wiping off the sindoor from her face and hands. Kets gave her a knowing look. RG bit her lips and shied away.

Kets- seriously!? What are you two upto?

RG- what? Nothing. Just drive

Kets- yah i can see nothing. He was spotless when you dragged him to the parking lot. But he returns with his cheeks all red and wet. You were not drenched in red when you took him there, but when you came back swaying that sexy hip of yours, you were coloured in places that are sooo censor-able.

She said and nudged at RG's hip

RG- shut up. You know right! Then why do you ask?

Kets- no I DONT! Please tell me where this is leading to?

RG- i dont know. But you know what? Am not going to worry about that anymore. The more I keep figuring things out, the more miserable I become.

Kets did not know what else to tell her. She knew RG was in an emotional mess more than GK. she knew RG has Rajat towering on her. So she chose to let RG be at peace.

As RG kept rubbing off the red stain from her neck, flashes of GK's touches and kisses came to her mind. She leaned back with closed eyes and sighed. 'Gaurav, its you! Only you, who makes me feel so good about myself, my body and soul. Nobody can even think of inching close to me the way you do. When everyone treats me like an angel, its only you who reminds me I am a human - who gets angry, who is allowed to throw tantrums that are ugly, who can be made to cry, who can lose control and do mistakes. Its only you Gaurav.'

Kets pressed the break.

RG opened her eyes in a jolt.

RG- you ok?

Kets- sorry babes! Dint notice the ditch.

RG- ditch. Yes.

With the sudden break, RG had accidentally bit her lip. It ached a lot more and she remembered how GK had pulled her lower lip with his teeth, sneered at her and inside the car a few hours back.