Chapter - 10 The One Where They Work It Out

Marking the 10th chapter, on a MaAn day! Thank you one and all, for the support. Happy Reading.

Romi nudged RG again. She was in a trance and kept murmuring 'Gaurav, yes, yes'

Romi shook her 'Rupali, what happened?'

RG sat up with a jerk. She was disoriented. She looked around to find GK nowhere around. She was wondering if it was all happening inside her head.

Romi- what a scene! You guys are amazing. Very spontaneous. We have only written and visualised 5% of the scene and you both have added a 200% with your improvisations in dialogs and actions. No wonder you both are Television's phenomenon.

RG was still reeling. She wondered if he heard her answer his question. All that she was very certain about was she had said 'Yes you matter to me the most' to him. But finding him gone, made her wonder if he left on hearing her reply or he left without knowing what was going on inside her.

She jumped from the bonnet and ran to the caravan, because she needed to be left alone. She was getting frustrated with herself for letting him break her guard every time. By the time she reached her caravan, her disappointment with herself escalated to a point of rage towards GK. she stormed into the caravan and went straight to his side of the vehicle. She opened the door to his room without knocking.

It was pitch dark inside and a familiar scent caught her off guard.

RG- Gaurav.

There was no response.

She stepped into the dark, wet from the drizzle. She was expecting him to seek her out.

RG- Gaurav, switch on the lights.

No response again. She looked for her phone and realised she had left if with her stylist.

She slowly managed to reach his dresser and fumbled to find the switch to his mirror lights. The lights went on with a snap. She adjusted her eyes to the new brightness.

His room was empty. His clothes lie on the couch. His bag was on the chair, half opened.

She went to the washroom to find it empty.

She realised he had not come to the caravan after he left the shoot spot.

She left his area and went to hers.

She was done crying and being distressed every time he gets close to her and leaves her needing him more. She sat down in her room with a resolve to end it.

RG- Why Gaurav? Why can't we go back to what we were? I can't do this anymore.

She remembered all the times when he got too close to her. Her mind was now subconsciously seeking for solutions because she did not have strength in her to be okay after another time he got close to her. This was her survival instinct.

All the kisses, all his touches played out in front of her eyes. The little consciousness she had whenever he got close to her, was deep enough for her to remember those moments in detail. How he smelled, how his lips twitched on looking at her face, how his forehead sweat, how his lashes looked, every detail she remembered. Her breath was deep.

She focused more on her memories to get over this feeling of frustration. The more she focused, the more she felt him near her and those moments felt like they were happening to her again. And she gradually realised in all these moments there was one thing constant. She stood up in a jolt.

RG- question. He always came close to me with questions. His eyes and lips always asked me what he meant to me. He would always not give up on me until he hears me tell him how desperate I feel for him.