Chapter - 8 The One With The Refused Birthday Wish

GK walked out of RG's room to the main hall. Almost half the crowd has left. In the centre he could see the bunch of loud women stans talking to Rajat.

GK looked around to spot Kets on her phone. He went and tapped her shoulder.

GK- found Chavvi?

Kets- where were you? Chavvi isnt anywhere inside. Is everything okay between the two of you?

GK- yes!! Yes. wait let me call. She is such a child! Must be making some reel outside.

GK went out, trying to call her. When he stepped out of the foyer into the garden, he saw Chavvi sitting on a bench lost in thoughts. Now this was a very rare sight. The most bubbly girl he knew sitting quiet all alone.

GK ran to her and sat next to her.

GK - all okay, Chavvi?

He touched her forehead.

Chavvi smiled.

Chavvi- yes.

GK- no. you wouldn't be here if you were okay. Tell me. You are having a headache? Not feeling well?

Chavvi- Gaurav, relax. Am fine. I just wanted some fresh air.

GK tried to read her face and she turned away.

GK- did I hurt you?

Chavvi turned to see him on his eyes.

She nodded a no.

But he knew he might end up hurting her more if he did not speak out. He had decided a few hours back to tell her what he felt about her. He did not want to lose the friend in her. Not after experiencing how Chavvi's friendship has always made his life and days easier.

GK- Chavvi, I want to tell you something.

Chavvi laughed.

GK was puzzled yet he know Chavvi too well. So he too smiled looking at her.

GK- will you behave? Am serious.

Chavvi stood up and started walking.

GK too followed her.

GK- Chavvi, listen... I...

Chavvi- so we are doing this today? Right here?

She looked at him with her bright eyes and smile. There was something that was very sad about the way she looked at him.

GK- what? What we are doing?

Chavvi- breaking up? Aur kya?

GK was astonished. He dint expect her to know what was in his mind. He was thinking of ways to start this conversation.

GK- break up.

He looked at her and smiled sadly.

Chavvi- tell Garuav. What you want to speak?

GK- I dont want to lose you as a friend, Chavvi. I fear our relationship might take us to a point where we stop being friends. Dont get me wrong. You have been a fantastic girl friend.

He held her by her shoulders.

GK- look at me! You have been very supportive, very fun to be with. You have been everything a man would dream of a girlfriend to be.

Chavvi- but still I fell short.

GK refused immediately. In a stern honest tone.

GK- no. I fell short. I couldn't be committed to you. I dint feel for you the way a boyfriend should feel for his girlfriend. I fell short.