Chapter 7 - The One With The Hunger and Thirst

A note from the authors - we know we are extremely irregular with the updates and very bad at engaging with you all in the comments. please know that, all your comments and feedback help us a lot to write better and boost our morale. we keep sending each other screenshots of your messages when we feel drained. thank you. 

to make up for the delay, we have come up with a nice long chapter. do take breaks while reading. you might not want to skip parts as there is a lot happening. happy reading. 

love from the authors of 'you say we are just friends'.

It's the engagement party day. And to add to the drama it also turned out to be the Karva Chauth day.

RG and Rajat were seeing each other for almost a year and half now, though they only became official this year. Every year on KC day, RG did dress up in red and post pics on insta thus keeping her stans high and excited wondering about her relationship status.

Like everyone bitten by the social media KC mandates, Chavvi too had this habit of posting for KC with her BF material GK ever since they started hanging out together.

So the fans of both the stars were eagerly looking forward to their respective idol's KC post with their partners. To add to their excitement, the media channels said that it was also RG's engagement that day.

The whole day twitter was buzzing. The stans kept refreshing the tag every microsecond to spot the pictures, make edits and crop out the ones they hate.

When the clock struck 6, RG, who had spent the entire day at the spa and salon, got into her red Mahindra Thar to pick up Rajat from his apartment on her way to the Hotel.

On the way, she posted an insta story blowing kisses at the camera, to let her fans have the first look at her as usual before anyone else. The way they celebrated her like she is the most important person on earth, was the only certain thing in her otherwise uncertain and unpredictable life. Nothing in her life made her feel like the most special being except the staunch adoration from her fans. Hence she felt this sense of obligation to keep reaching out to them and also a sense of ignorance to their toxic ways when things turn nasty.

She reached his apartment and Rajat got into the car looking grim in his dark purple tux. The moment he got in, he checked her out and said 'Dont you think you are getting a bit bolder these days? Why can't you just wear the normal Banarasi saree? Whats the need for this designer outfit thats....'

RG was taken aback. She did not expect him to comment on her outfit in a condemning tone. She was rather thinking he would compliment her like always. And he did sound condemning.

RG- whats wrong with my outfit?

RG asked scrunching her nose

Rajat was again blatantly rude.

Rajat- its revealing!! Why can't you drape your saree in a traditional way?

RG- wtf!! My outfit, my choice. You don't get to comment or decide on it just because we are engaged. This is the last time I am hearing this, Rajat. I won't take it lightly if you continue to be an asshole.

Rajat- I wasnt being crass. How you look and how you behave bothers me now. Because we are going to be married. I can let my wife fly high and be successful but not let my wife come around as another hot chick that is trying to get other men's attention. Understood?

RG was in disbelief. She had only seen a soft spoken Rajat till this point. Even when he lost it, he always toned down when RG fought back. But now some switch has gone a miss and his controlling nature was too obvious and alarming to ignore. RG started getting her pounding headache again.