Romantic Flight

I kind of wish for the music when Toothless and the Light Fury were flying together "Romantic Flight" played ):

But the music that plays is nice too

...

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

"And... That goes there," I mumble, looking over the sketch Hiccup drew for Toothless' new tail.

"Right," Hiccup nods, using his magnifying glass to get a closer look as he adjusts the screw.

Astrid walks over, making me grin in greeting before I start mixing more of Toothless' scales in the bowl.

"Hmm. I'm guessing you two haven't slept," Astrid speaks, looking over the blueprints with her hands on her hips.

"Yeah, well... The Sonic Angel seems fine with us because (Y/N) freed her, but that Light Fury won't let us within a mile of her," Hiccup replies, continuing to adjust the tail.

(D/N) shakes his wings out, some feathers shedding from them. I walk over, scooping them up and adding them to the scale 'paint'.

Toothless scratches behind his ear, shedding more scales. Astrid picks them up, walking over to the table.

"And none of us will be getting any sleep or get to finding the Hidden World until Toothless takes over." Hiccup finishes, Toothless eagerly rushing over and shoving him to look over the tail. "Hey!"

"You like it?" I question with a grin, Toothless happily snorting and huffing.

"Yeah," Hiccup laughs, shoving his face away with a grunt.

"You guys tried this once before," Astrid comments, watching (D/N) sniff at the tail-fin. "He didn't want it."

She tosses the scales she picked up into the bowl as I crush them, handing it to Hiccup.

"Well, until now he didn't have a reason to. Right, bud?" Hiccup's voice wavers slightly, making me look over in concern.

He grins back, Toothless spitting inside the bowl as Hiccup continues mixing it while wiping left over spit off his hand.

Astrid lets out a small laugh, quickly stopping herself.

"What?" I question, dusting off the tail-fin.

"Nothing! I'm... I'm impressed," she replies, gesturing to the tail-fin. "I mean, look at you two! Embracing change. I am proud of you."

"I want them to be happy," I sigh, looking over at him as he lays in the grass, watching the sky. "Without Toothless, (D/N) won't be able to be with the Sonic Angel. And Toothless can't be with him with Hiccup flying him, so... This is the only way."

"They're our best buds," Hiccup agrees with a light shrug, grinding the scales and feathers and handing it to me. "And like (Y/N) said, we just want them to be happy."

I smile with a nod, picking up a paint brush and painting the scale-feather-saliva mix on the tail-fin.

"... Besides, it's only until Toothless brings the Light Fury back. Then the Sonic Angel and (D/N) can be together too," Hiccup finishes nonchalantly, shrugging as he leans over and kisses my temple.

He picks up the finished tail-fin, walking to Toothless as Astrid and I share a concerned look.

"All right," Hiccup grins, opening the tail-fin in front of Gobber.

"Uh, Hiccup--"

"Fire when ready!"

Toothless and (D/N) each fire a shot as Gobber screams. Hiccup closes the tail-fin with a cringe when he sees a charred Gobber.