Time For Something Crazy

STUPID GRIMMEL

I HATE YOU AND YOUR DUMB LONG FACE SMH

...

Years ago...

Third Person P.O.V

A child (Y/N) and child Hiccup climb down the large steps, (Y/N) pausing with a soft gasp when she sees Stoick.

"He looks sad," she whispers, frowning in concern as Hiccup stares at his father.

Stoick sniffled quietly as he rested in front of the fire, his shoulders hunched over as he silently wept.

"Let's... Go back to bed," Hiccup mumbles, making her nod.

He goes to climb back up, wincing when the wood creaks. Stoick quickly turns around, clearing his throat and wiping away his tears.

"Son, (Y/N)," he greets, taking in a deep breath before facing them. "You two should be asleep. Your parents are getting you early tomorrow, lass."

"(Y/N) was thirsty..." Hiccup softly replies, hugging his dragon stuffed toy as (Y/N) nods while gripping her night gown.

"Sorry," (Y/N) sheepishly apologizes, making Stoick chuckle softly with a smile.

"It's alright, lass. Go on and get your drink, then."

(Y/N) nods with a small smile, climbing down the last few steps and going into the kitchen. Hiccup climbs after her, making Stoick call to him.

"Come here, my son."

Hiccup grins, leaving his dragon stuffed toy and rushing over to his dad. Stoick scoops him up, setting him on his lap.

He hands the blowpoke to Hiccup, helping him keep the fire going.

"Dad?" Hiccup says after a moment, gaining Stoick's attention. "Are you gonna get us a new mom?"

Stoick inhales, sighing heavily and hugging the boy before lightly kissing his head.

"I don't want another." Stoick shakes his head before smiling fondly. "Your mom was the only woman for me. She was the love of my life."

Hiccup watches the flames, Stoick gently swaying side to side.

"But with love comes loss, son. It's... Part of the deal. Sometimes it hurts, but, in the end... It's all worth it."

Stoick shifts Hiccup onto his other leg, looking down at him with a sad smile.

"There's no greater gift than love." Stoick pauses, trying to think of an example as Hiccup stares up at him. "Like... what you have with (Y/N)."

Hiccup nods understandingly, blinking rapidly. "Ohh. I see. So... I love (Y/N)?"

"What?" Stoick chuckles softly, shaking his head before sighing in amusement. "Wait a few years, and tell me again if you truly do. You're a little young for that."

Hiccup tilts his head with a short nod as Stoick looks back towards the kitchen, humming in thought.

"Where is the lass?"

He rises with Hiccup in his arm, entering the kitchen before smiling at the sight of (Y/N) fast asleep at the table, her water half-full and her arms tucked under her head.

Hiccup giggles, grinning at his friend as she smiles in her sleep.

...

Present day...

Hiccup looks ahead, his eyebrows furrowed in confliction and a frown settling on his features.

(Y/N) looks over at him in concern before looking down at (D/N), her heart heavy.