Chapter 2: gathering materials

Steve ran and jumped at the same time towards Felt, the technique made him move faster than the average human but he was still no match for Felt's divine protection of the wind, allowing her to move even faster than out blocky friend.

Steve chased Felt because he believed she would lead him to his first tree to chop down, but eventually Felt noticed she being followed.

"What!? Get away from me you freak" Felt ordered as she quickened her pace, getting out of Steve's view but he just continued walking straight until he got out of the alley.

Beyond the alley's exit lies an open field with some flowers, trees, bushes, and the slums in the distance after a bridge.

Upon seeing the trees, Steve immediatly b lined towards them to get some wood, he chopped down the middle of the tr-

*THUMP*

To Steve's suprise. Instead of the tree floating in the air it plummeted directly onto the grass disturbing wild life. But Steve didn't see it as a bad thing. No, he saw it as a easier way to get wood since he doesn't need to build up to get the last few logs high in the air.

Getting the wood from the fallen tree, Steve put down his crafting table and used his materials do make a wooden pickaxe, axe, shovel and another sword since his old one is just few hits away from breaking.

Steve wasted no time in breaking down the remaining trees using his new axe, getting a wooping 64 logs. Steve also wanted to get some stone since he cant stand using wooden weapons for more than a day due to their poor efficiency.

So he used his shovel to dig down and switched to his pickaxe when he felt his shovel hit something hard. The hard thing was stones.

He got enough stones to make a furnace and stone tools, Steve looked upon the slums in the distance and went there thinking it was a village.

...

Steve was low on hunger. The people of the supposed village werent willing to trade and were kinda scared of him, they didnt even have food for god's sake!There were no animals nearby so Steve's only choice for him was waiting for nightime and killing some zombies for their flesh, if that didnt work he could maybe pick up some seeds from the grass, kill some skeletons and use their bone meal to quickly grow some food.

There was nothing to really do so he went to explore the "village" a little bit more, finding a poorly put together tent with sticks and silk. Steve barely fit inside but he still entered it trying to find some loot and thankfully there was nobo-

"What are you doing?"

Steve's fight or flight reponse kicked in, he did a three sixty while unsheathing his stone sword from his inventory and destroying the crappy tent.

The person that asked "what are you doing?" Was Felt in which seeing the offensive response to her question, took out a wooden dagger from her pockets. Taking a clearer look at Steve, her face morphed into a pissed off expression when she noticed it was the weirdo chasing after her.

"You're the guy from earlier, right? Are you some sort of guard trying to capture me or are just trying to steal stuff, ima just say it already; there is nothing of value to steal in this dumpster"

Steve wanted to explain that he wanted food but he simply couldnt talk, he tried opening his mouth and nothing.  He tried using chat but it wasn't working, the words he typed and send seemed to go trough an ear and leave on the other.

Maybe it was because they could talk in english but they couldnt write or read english? Various made up explanations circled in Steve's head that would never be proven true or false while Felt was getting increasinly more annoyed at Steve silence, until she had enough waiting around.

"What? Are you going to say anything? You're just probably a rando wandering around instead of a guard. I am a busy woman so i cant just stand here, later!" Felt pocketed her dagger and activated her divine proctetion, making her zoom out in the distance. With the sun setting in and the night approaching, Steve put back his sword and walked foward with no clear objective in mind.

He wasnt even running anymore, he has to preserve his hunger bar or he'll starve. People with torn clothing walked past him without giving him a second glance, beggars on their knees to get even the tiniest amount of food, people wasting away with cheap liquor in wooden shacks. A dark haired woman wearing a suit that barely covered half her body.

Wait what