50 Follower Special!

SIKE!

I am officially reopening this book for this 50 follower special oneshot.

This is basically my take on what happens after the war with Aruden. Oh, and all of it is from Aiden's pov.

I also kinda wrote half of this while I was half asleep so please let me know if there are any errors.

Hope you enjoy this!

Falling in love hadn't been on Aiden's bucket list.

In fact, after his parents' failed marriage, Aiden hadn't even imagined himself feeling that way toward anyone. He'd spent his whole life thinking all love ever did was break and burn and end.

Yet here he was, lying in his bed, staring at pictures of her.

He hadn't even realized how many photos he had taken of Aru Shah until Brynne pointed it out to him. Shadowfax contained almost 1,000 pictures of Aru, which was almost double compared to the other people he captured. And each picture of her was flawless. He didn't know why Aru wanted smoldering powers so badly, because she definitely didn't need them to make Aiden do whatever she wanted.

But he hadn't seen her in a full month. According to the Pandavas, she was currently focusing on healing, which was understandable. He couldn't imagine what she must've been going through.

He couldn't get her out of his mind, no matter how much he tried. Her absence always hung over him like fog.

He really missed her.

He missed her perfect smile, that sparkle in her eyes.

He missed her sassy movie references

He missed everything about her.

But the thing was, despite how much he missed her, he actually had no idea what he was going to do when she came back. Like, how was he supposed to talk to her? No one had ever taught him how to approach a girl after he'd ignored her eight months straight, kissed her, friend-zoned her and pissed her off, kissed her again, and then sacrificed his life for her.

And above all that, one question kept coming above all the rest.

Does she still like me after everything I did?

...

It happened right after school.

Aiden was just working on his science homework, trying not to procrastinate, when suddenly his phone pinged.

hey, can we talk?

His heart seemed to skip a beat when he read the name above it.

Shah.

For a moment, he just wordlessly stared at the screen, his heart pounding.

Then another text popped up.

maybe rn @ the park?

He realized he needed to respond and picked up his phone. His hands felt wobbly, his fingers shaky as he typed out a response. For once he didn't even care about the grammar.

sure, ill see you there.

It took less than a second for her to respond.

ok then, cya

...

The park seemed a lot more hotter than usual.

Or maybe that was just Aiden's burning face.

It didn't really improve when Aru trudged in. Her eyes darted around before they locked onto his.

She ran over to him at lightning speed. Aiden tensed. Was she going to tackle him? Was she still mad?

But when she reached him, she threw her arms around his neck, burying her face into his shoulder.

"Don't you ever die on me like that again, Acharya," she warned, her voice muffled.

Aiden, still stunned, slowly hugged her back.

Then he wheezed. "Gosh, you're hugs have gotten stronger than Brynne's."

She hugged him tighter. "Breathing is overrated."

For the first time in a while, a laugh escaped Aiden's lips.

She finally pulled back, her golden eyes studying him intently. "You're okay, right? Nothing else happened to you?"

"I'm fine, Shah," he assured her, for once actually meaning it. "Are you okay?"

She smiled. "Yeah, I am, actually."

She definitely looked much better than a month ago. The black circles under her eyes had disappeared, and she looked way happier.

"I'm sorry," he whispered, remembering that he was one of the people who caused her sadness.

She blinked in surprise. "For what?"

"For everything," he responded. He looked down. "I know I really hurt you when I ignored you after the prophecy. And after your birthday. I was just... scared. I didn't know what would happen if I died, and I kept thinking about what happened with my parents, and I just—I didn't know what to do."

He met her eyes, which had grown wide. "I'm not trying to make excuses though. I'd get it if you got over me. I was a jerk, and I really don't deserve someone as kind and funny and caring as you. So if you want to just stay friends—"

"Whoa, okay, hold up." Aru held both hands up in front of her like stop signs, causing Aiden to shut his mouth, dumbfounded.

"So you think," she started, "that you literally freaking sacrifice your life for me, and I'm just gonna look at you and be like 'not good enough'?"

Aiden blinked. "Um..."

After a long silence, Aru rolled her eyes. "Wow, Brynne really was right about you."

"What?" Aiden panicked. Brynne could've told Aru anything. "What did she say?"

Aru's signature smirk returned to her face. "She called you oblivious."

Of course she did.

"I am not oblivious," he argued.

She rolled her eyes. "Sure, Acharya, sure."

He realized what she said after a moment. "So then...does that mean you still..."

"I do still like you, Acharya," she assured him, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. Then she blushed. "And if you're willing to do this, then I am too."

He felt his cheeks warm. "I am."

The smile on her face after he said that was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen—like the sun had just exploded, spreading its warm, vibrant colors, but it faded a little as she stepped closer.

"One condition though," she told him. "No more secrets. I don't wanna hide anything anymore, and I don't think you do either."

"I don't," Aiden agreed. "I won't hide things from you anymore, I swear."

She let out a relieved sigh, and glanced at their hands, which Aiden hadn't even realized they were holding. "So we're really doing this?"

Aiden smiled bashfully. "I guess we are."

"Okay, then," she responded softly.

Then she leaned forward and pressed a gentle kiss on his lips.

Emotion erupted in Aiden's senses. His arms found her waist, and he pulled her closer. He felt her gentle fingers running through his hair and kissed her harder.

She smelled like rain. Like the soothing scent after a storm. And although this was the third time they'd kissed, the excitement was still the same, not decreasing by the slightest.

And he held that feeling, hoping whatever crazy things came and went in the rest of his life, what he had with Aru would never vanish.

And it never does vanish...

Until lwymmd

That's all I'm saying >:)

-kotlcswiftie