06

Chapter 6
almost car sex

☼

"This is really all that happens at these book parties." Bonnie says, talking to Dean on one of the many couches placed around the room. Usually at a book party, Bonnie and Belly would be taking the piss out of a book in the corner, reading cheesy romance books that made the girls laugh and cringe.

"I thought it would be like a bunch of grandma's sitting in a circle, so this is definitely better. Besides, they have champagne." He smiles, holding up a plastic cup filled with the liquid. 

"Yeah, that you're not supposed to be drinking." She laughs, pushing it away and out of view from the adults.

"Oh please." He laughs, taking a sip and then pointing over to Conrad, "He's been pounding those cups back like there's no tomorrow, and everyone can see him."

"Yeah, I saw that earlier." She says, looking down slightly with a sad face. 

"I'm sure he's ok." He insists, placing his hand on Bonnie's shoulder. "Probably just bored of doing nothing all night."

"Yeah, tell me about it!" Steven yells, flopping down on the couch beside them with Jeremiah. 

"Literally nothing to do in this place!" Jeremiah groans as well.

"We're not here to have a party guys." Bonnie says, looking at the boys.

"Yeah, but I'm still bored to death regardless. And isn't this called a book party?" They groan.

"Be happy for your mom Steven. She's selling a book God sake! That's amazing." Dean says, a large smile on his face.

"Of course, I'm happy for her, Dean. It doesn't make this any less boring though." Steven scowls at the boy's words. 

"Do you wanna be an author?" Bonnie asks, turning back to Dean with a small smile.

"Yeah, I mean I haven't really actively done shit to be one, but I think it'll be cool." 

"Yeah, it would be!" She laughs.

"Uh, this shit is so boring can we go somewhere?" Conrad suddenly asks, standing in front of her with a cup full of champagne. 

"Yeah, where?" Steven scoffs, not taking his eyes off his phone.

"We could go into town, I don't know, buy some weed from that guy with the rainbow dash tattoo?" Jeremiah offers.

"Gross." Bonnie whispers, looking back down to the ground.

"Nah, he got arrested last summer." Conrad says.

"Shit, really?" Jeremiah groans.

Steven suddenly looks up and says, "We could go to the drive-in." with a smirk.