07

Chapter 7
Birthday girl

☼

The day of Belly's birthday had arrived, and the entire house was buzzing with excitement when Bonnie woke up. The girl would have been buzzing as well, but because of her fight with Conrad a while ago, she had been in a fouler mood than usual. She just wanted him to apologize so they could move forward but he's stubborn.

Over the past week or so, Conrad and Bonnie had avoided each other like the past week. For different reasons. Whilst Bonnie was angry and disappointed at Conrad for his immature and childish behaviour, Conrad was embarrassed at his drunk words. 

He had been watching the girl sneak in and out of the house late at night, jumping into a certain dark haired boys' car. He had obviously glared as Dean pulled out of the driveway laughing with Bonnie as if they had known each other forever. 

Bonnie sits up, rubbing the sleep from her eyes with the instant smell of sweet pancakes lingering. She gets up, her stomach rumbling at the thought of food, and completely disregards the fact that she was only dressed in a thin tank top and lose sleep shorts.

Susannah usually wakes up super early on Belly's birthday anyway.

She stumbles out of her room, nearly slipping over in the process and rushes towards the kitchen.

She walks into the kitchen, "Good morning, Bonnie." Susannah smiles, watching the girl take a seat at the counter.

"Morning." She says simply.

"How'd you sleep?" Susannah asks, flipping a pancake.

"Good." She lies, not wanting to worry Susannah about the fact the girl had been riddled with nightmares all night.

"Really?" The woman asks, turning around to face the girl.

"Yes, really." Bonnie says softly.

"Ok." Susannah smiles, handing a plate of pancakes to her, before excusing herself to her bedroom, "I'm just going to change." 

"Ok." Bonnie smiles.

"Well good morning!" Conrad casually says, walking into the kitchen with a cocky smile on his face. 

His plan is to act as though everything is fine and that nothing's wrong. 

"Morning." She says bluntly, ignoring him and looking down at her food.

"So, what are your plans on this lovely day?" He asks, sitting right next to her at the counter.

She holds in her sigh as he looks at her waiting for an answer. "It's Belly's birthday. So, I'm gonna spend the day with her and Taylor." She says simply.