25. Inside(18+)

"I want you to stay with me. Please."

There are the words Bel is saying, and the words Bel is not saying. His heart is about to break all of his ribs. Which words does Kam hear?

"Is that what you want?" Kam's coffee colored eyes lock with Bel's baby brown ones, searching for answers that Bel may or may not give.

If this kid is saying what Kam thinks he's saying, then he has to make sure. He has to make sure because otherwise that crack in his heart will tear completely open. Kam's not sure he can stand that.

Bel reaches out to him, his tiny fingers intertwining with Kam's longer ones. He pulls, and Kam is drawn closer. Bel's other hand tangles in Kam's shirt, drawing Kam down, down, down.

Lips brush once, twice.

Bel is asking and Kam is responding.

Then Bel answers Kam's question.

"I want...you."

Long fingers trace Bel's face.

Fingertips are stroking his hair.

This time it's Kam who's asking and Bel who responds.

Kam's fingers slide under Bel's shirt, and Bel stretches his arms above his head so Kam can remove it. The stitches in his shoulder and side pull, but not enough to be a problem. Kam's shirt is off now, tossed on the floor on top of Bel's.

Kam crawls forward on the bed, and Bel crawls back, inviting.

He's serious.

He wants this.

Wants this so badly he's praying that Kam feels the same.

That Kam isn't just indulging him.

"I'm not."

Bel looks at Kam. "Dammit, get out of my head."

"I'm not indulging you. Believe that." Even in the dark, Kam can read this kid's every twitch, his every little thought. And he's telling the truth. "Believe me."

"I do."

Kam's breath traces this adorable boy's jawline, his neck, and back up to his mouth.

And then he does it with his lips.

And then his tongue.

Once.

Twice.

Bel's neck arches, so Kam's tongue traces that part of Bel's body a third time. Easing him back, moving his fingertips down past Bel's ribcage, teasing, tantalizing.

"Hurry up..."

It's a whimper, like a puppy, and Kam's fingers trace lower, and lower, and...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A yank on his legs brings Bel centimeters apart from Kam. Millimeters. A shudder passes through Bel's body as his jeans are removed. Not just because he's cold, but because of...something else.

Anticipation.

"You sure?" Kam's voice is low, close to his left ear.

He needs to be sure.

That's all.

He just needs to be sure.

A nod, that's all Bel can manage. Just a nod, but it's enough.

There's a second pair of pants on the floor, on top of the previous pair, empty fabric legs tangled together.

"Good." Now Kam's voice is in Bel's right ear. "Because I want you, too."