Prologue

Severus slowly pulls away from Lily, tears still running down his face as he looks at the two babies in the crib. One is crying, while the other is looking at him with his bright blue eyes, calm, as if he recognized him.

Severus thinks back to the letter Lily had delivered to him two months back, thinking about the time she had said that he will be the Godfather to one of her twins.

It was a surprise to hear that she'll be a mother of twins. He studies the babies, noticing that one has dark hair and green eyes while the other has brown hair and blue eyes. He looks at the baby with brown hair, wondering if he should just grab his Godson and run away, never to be seen.

But Albus would know where he is, he would know where to find him and drag him back to Hogwarts.

He looks at the other baby, Harry, and feels bad at the fact that he won't be able to take the dark-haired boy with him. He slowly stood up, moving to the crib and gently picked Cayden's up.

He looks at Harry, tears running down his baby cheeks. "I'm sorry for not being able to take you too, Harry." He said even though Harry would not even understand him.

He turns around and leaves the Potter's home without turning back, leaving Harry alone in the home with Lily's dead body.

He stops at that thought, turning back around and moves Harry into a bedroom where Albus, Minerva, or Hagrid would be able to find him. And turns around, walking out of the house and leaving with Cayden– who has fallen asleep in his arms– in his arms, to his house.

≪ °❈° ≫

Ten years later

Cayden looks up from his books when he hears the doors to his bedroom being opened, and his Godfather enters his bedroom with a letter grasped in his hand.

"Good morning, Dad," Cayden said, smiling softly at the dark-haired man who walked towards him and sat down on the bed beside him.

"Good morning, Cayden," Severus said, sending his Godson a small smile. Cayden has been calling him Dad ever since he has uttered his first word– which was Kitty– and Severus didn't have the heart to tell the boy to stop, he also calls him Severus sometimes. He holds up the letter in his hand, holding them up to Cayden, who looks at it with a confused look. "This is for you."

Cayden places down the book to his left– Severus sitting on his right side– and takes the letter. He looks up at Severus, who nods his head towards the letter, and opens the letter. His eyes widened at the first sentence his eyes caught. He looks up at Severus, who now has a smile on his face.

"I'm going to Hogwarts?" Cayden asked, mouth opened wide, still in shock.

Severus let out an amused laugh. "Yes, Cayden, you will." He said. Can you tell he has a soft spot for Cayden?

"I'm finally gonna have my first wand!" Cayden exclaimed excitedly, jumping out of his blanket and wraps his arms around Severus's shoulders, who wraps his arms around him. Before he pulls away with furrowed eyebrows, filling Severus with concern. "What if I'm not sorted into Slytherin?" He asked, looking at Severus with his doe-like blue eyes.

"I'm still gonna love you whether you are sorted into Gryffindor, Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw," Severus responds, putting Cayden at ease. "The house you're sorted into doesn't change how I look at you, Cayden."