9

Professor McGonagall stands before the class. Resting on the desk in front of each student, is a different animal.

"Today, we will be turning animals into water goblets." Professor McGonagall said, tapping the bird in front of her three times with the tip of her wand and the bird transfigures into a beautiful crystal water goblet. "Now, who would like to go first... Mr. Weasley?"

Ron nods and he taps his rat, who turns into a goblet with a tail.

"You must replace that wand, Mr. Weasley." Professor McGonagall said, looking at the goblet.

Ron nods sheepishly, looking at his broken wand.

Professor McGonagall sees Harper's raised hand, his animal untouched in front of him. "Yes, Mr. Gallagher?"

"Professor, I was wondering if you could tell us about the Chamber of Secrets?" Harper asked as a hush falls over the class.

"My subject is Transfiguration, Mr. Gallagher." Professor McGonagall said.

"Yes, Professor. But there seems to be very little written about the Chamber of Secrets. For those of us with a personal interest in the subject, that is disturbing." Harper answered.

"Very well. You all know, of course, that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago by the four greatest witches and wizards of the age: Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin. Three of the founders co-existed quite harmoniously. One did not." Professor McGonagall said.

"Three glasses who?" Ron said.

"Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts. He believed that magical learning should be kept within all-magic families. In other words, purebloods. Unable to sway the others, he decided to leave the school." Professor McGonagall said. "According to legend, Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle, known as the Chamber of Secrets. Shortly before departing, he sealed it until that time when his own true heir returned to the school. The heir alone would be able to open the Chamber of Secrets and unleash the horror within, and by so doing, purge the school of all those who, in Slytherin's view, were unworthy to study magic."

"Muggle-borns." Hermione said.

"Yes. Naturally, the school has been searched many times for such chamber. It has never been found." Professor McGonagall said.

"Professor, what exactly does legend tell us lies within the Chamber?" Hermione asked.

"The Chamber is said to be home to something which the heir of Slytherin alone can control. It is said to be home... to a monster." Professor McGonagall said.

≪ °❈° ≫

"Do you think it's true?" Cayden asked, falling in step with Cedric when he found him exiting his class.

"What's true?" Cedric questioned, slowing down so Cayden could walk easily without needing to jog.

"Do you think there really is a Chamber of Secrets?" Cayden said, watching Cedric turn his head to glance at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"Where is this from?" Cedric asked.

"Professor McGonagall told us a story about the Chamber of Secrets." Cayden said, shrugging.

"And how does she feel?" Cedric asked.

"She's worried. All the teachers are." Cayden said.

"But if there really is a Chamber of Secrets and it's really been opened, that means the heir of Slytherin has returned to Hogwarts." Cedric said. "The question is, who is it?" He questioned, thinking about it in his mind while still paying attention to their surrounding.

"I don't think Draco would open the Chamber of Secrets just to kill Muggle-borns." Cayden said, saying what his mind was repeating to him.

"Yeah." Cedric said. "I don't think Draco would kill someone." He said, sighing. "But if he didn't open the Chamber of Secrets, who did?" He questioned, turning his head to look down at Cayden.

Cayden hums, thinking about everything he has seen and was hit with a realization. He stops, looking up at Cedric who raised his eyebrows at him. "Lucius Malfoy." He said, pointing his index finger up at Cedric.

"Lucius' not here?" Cedric questioned, wondering where Cayden's mind is going with this.

"No, I saw him place something in Ginny's cauldron." Cayden said, making a frustrated sound before remembering what was placed in Ginny's cauldron. "A diary." He said, looking up at Cedric. "A diary was placed in Ginny's cauldron."

"What do we do?" Cedric asked.

"Tell a teacher?" Cayden said with uncertainty, watching as Cedric nodded and started dragging him back to where he had come from. After they had told Professor Flitwick about their concern for Ginny and telling him about the diary Cayden had seen Lucius place in Ginny's cauldron while at Flourish and Blotts. Professor Flitwick accepts their answer with a nod and a thank you before sending them their way.

≪ °❈° ≫

Cayden was quick to follow Hermione down the Quidditch stands and walked out onto the pitch, watching Hermione point her wand to the rogue Bludger and stop it from hurting Harry again.

Cayden fastened his footsteps when he saw Lockhart kneeling down next to Harry. He acted like he had accidentally pushed Lockhart to the ground, possibly saving Harry from what Lockhart was about to do.

Cayden kneels down in front of Harry, checking the redness on his twin brother's arm. He glares when he sees Lockhart taking out his wand, watching the man place it back into his robe and move away from the twins.

Cayden looks back at Harry, noticing the grateful look on his twin brother's face. He smiles when Harry smiles at him. "Let's bring you to the hospital wing." He said, carefully helping Harry up and starts walking out of the Quidditch pitch.

≪ °❈° ≫

Cayden watches Madam Pomfrey pour out a steaming liquid into a cup.

"Thank Merlin you brought him to me before Lockhart could do anything, Mr. Potter." Madam Pomfrey said, glancing at Cayden who is sitting down next to Harry. She gives the steaming cup to Harry who takes it and drinks, grimacing at the taste. "Well, what did you expect -- pumpkin juice?"

A flash suddenly went off, blinding Cayden and Harry once again from the light. Cayden blinks a few more times before slowly turning his head to look at Colin Creevey. "Colin." He said, and the boy finally noticed him sitting there with Harry as if he wasn't sitting here for forever now.

"I'm sorry Mr. Potter." Colin said, nodding when Cayden points to the door, leaving immediately and softly closing the door behind him.

Cayden turns back to look at Harry, noticing his raised eyebrows. "What?" He questioned. "I'm gonna get glasses one of these days if he keeps flashing me with those blinding lights." He said, shaking his head.

Harry snorts, shaking his head with a small smile playing on his lips.