5

"How could I be so stupid!" Hermione said, walking towards the table where they're sitting with a book under her arm. She placed the book on the table, accidentally hitting Cayden fingers, who quickly pulls it away and rubs it. Hermione, not noticing it, flips through the page.

Cedric gently takes his hand, looks around and waves his wand after he doesn't see anyone looking their way. The redness on Cayden's fingers immediately disappeared as the boy's fingers healed. He gives Cayden his hand back, returning the smile the boy gave to him. He leans his head closer to Cayden. "You're welcome." He mutters, leaning back and leans back against the chair, paying attention to Hermione's words.

"Immortal." Ron said.

"It means you'll never die." Hermione said.

"I know what it means-" Ron's words were cut off by Cedric talking who leaned forward to read what was on the page.

"The only stone currently in existence belongs to Mr. Nicolas Flamel, the noted alchemist, who last year celebrated his six hundred and sixty-fifth birthday." Cedric said without taking a deep breath, leaning back against the chair and looking at Hermione who is sat in front of him.

"That's what Fluffy's guarding on the Third Floor." Hermione said with a realization, Cayden and Cedric sharing a strange look with each other. Not understanding what she means, and who Fluffy is. "That's what's under the trapdoor. The Sorcerer's Stone!"

"What are you talking about?" Cayden questioned, looking at the trio in front of him with confusion on his face.

"Don't tell anyone this." Harry said, leaning forward. Cayden and Cedric look at each then lean forward as well. "But we got lost and accidentally got to the third floor." He said, and examined the expression on both Hufflepuff who is still confused. "Right there we met a three headed dog named Fluffy. Fluffy's Hagrid."

"And Fluffy is standing on a trapdoor guarding the Sorcerer's Stone?" Cedric questioned, looking at Harry who nodded before leaning back. He and Cayden shared a look again and leaned back against the chair.

"So Flamel knows someone's after the Stone... gives it to Dumbledore to keep safe at Hogwarts... not realizing that the one who's after it..." Harry said slowly, coming to the realization himself.

"Teaches at Hogwarts." Cayden finishes, nodding and thinking of Professor Quirrell.

"So Professor Quirrell wants to live forever?" Cedric asked, looking at the twins who seemed to be connecting with each other. Must be a Potter thing.

Hermione closes the book, troubled by something. She thinks back to seeing Professor Quirrell muttering something too under his breath, and that they had been suspicious of the wrong person.

"What's wrong, Hermione?" Cayden asked, placing his chin on the table as he looked up at Hermione.

"I don't want to scare you both. It's just... if all Professor Quirrell wants is the Sorcerer's Stone... why did he try to kill you that day on the Quidditch pitch?" Hermione said, turning her head to look at Harry.

Harry ponders this, but doesn't have an answer.

"Maybe it was an attempt to kill you to satisfy You-Know-Who." Cayden said, not saying Voldemort names because he didn't want them to flinch back.

"It makes sense." Cedric said, turning his head away from Cayden, shrugging.

Harry slowly nods, distracted by the ring on Cayden's ring finger. "What's with the ring?" He asked, looking up from the ring to Cayden.

"Something I thought you might have too." Cayden answered, looking down at the ring on his finger. "It turns me invisible when I turn it." He said, looking up from the ring to Harry. "The person who gave it to me has no name."

Ron's eyes widened slightly, snapping his head to Harry. "It's like the cloak, Harry!" He said, making sure his voice is whispered so only they can hear it.

"Cloak?" Cedric questioned, looking at the First Years with more confusion than ever. So it is a Potter thing.

"I got a cloak that could turned me invisible." Harry said, shrugging. As if it's normal to have a cloak that could turn him invisible, much less a ring.

"So it is a Potter thing." Cedric said, bringing the Potter twins attention to him.

Cayden looks exasperated, sighing out a dramatic breath. "Cedric..." He whined, leaning his head on the teen's shoulder.

"Potter thing?" Harry questioned, looking at Cayden and Cedric with confusion, though there's a smile making its way onto his face.

Cayden looks at the ceiling, as if it could help him then looks at Cedric. "Well, are you going to explain?" He asked, a sarcastic smile on his face.

"I would rather not." Cedric said, not having the strength to not boop Cayden's nose, smiling when the boy scrunches his nose at him.

Cayden and Harry share a look then shrug.

"Cayden, we have to go." Cedric said, taking the bag that is placed on the empty chair beside him. "Class." He said, standing up and giving Cayden's bag to him.

"I'll see you guys soon." Cayden said, looking at the trio. "Good luck on the Sorcerer's Stone, Harry." He said, squeezing his twin's hand before leaving with Cedric.