28

"What's your plan for the first task?" Cedric asked, sitting on the Quidditch stands with Cayden beside him.

"Do we even know what we're going against?" Cayden asked, looking up from the book on his lap to Cedric.

Cedric looks out onto the pitch, shaking his head. "No." He said sheepishly, turning his head away from the pitch when he heard footsteps approaching them.

Cayden turns his head and smiles when he sees Viktor approaching them with Harry walking behind him. "Viktor, Harry." He said, bookmarking his book and closing it, placing it down by his feet.

"Hello, Cayden, Cedric." Harry said, walking past Viktor who moved out of the way so he could sit down next to Cayden. "Did you figure out the first task yet?" He asked, sitting down next to Cayden while Viktor sat himself next to Cedric.

Both Cayden and Cedric shake their heads, Viktor frowns at this.

"Do you have no one to tell you?" Viktor asked, leaning his elbows down on his knees so he could look at Cayden and Cedric.

"Tell us what?" Cedric asked, turning his head to look at Viktor who is still frowning.

"Do not tell anyone that I said this." Viktor said, waiting for Cayden and Cedric to nod before opening his mouth. "We're going against dragon." He said, and Cayden and Cedric's eyes widened at that.

Cayden places his head inside his hands, feeling Harry stroking his back gently to comfort him. "How the hell am I going to fight a dragon?" He asked, pulling his head up from his hands, looking at Cedric and Viktor.

"You'll find a way, Cayden." Cedric said, placing his hand on Cayden's shoulder, looking at him. "You always do." He said. "You're wonderful at Charms and duelling, you'll find a way."

Cayden smiles up at Cedric. "Yeah, maybe."

"Your Patronus is pretty huge." Viktor said, remembering the dragon Patronus the boy has. "You can use that to your advantage." He said, looking at Cayden.

"That could work too." Cayden said, smiling at Viktor, who returns the smile with one of his own.

Harry, who was watching the whole thing in silence, looks at Cedric and Viktor. He already knows where this is going, and it will end with the three of them getting together at the end. If the three of them could survive that is. He's praying they do.

"Harry?" Cayden's voice pulls him out of his thoughts, looking at his twin brother.

"I'm sorry, what were you saying?" Harry asked, and Cayden instantly began talking about some stuff that has happened between him and Malfoy. Surprisingly, Malfoy is hoping for Cayden to win. Scratch that, he is not surprised Malfoy is hoping for Cayden to win. They are super close even with last year's problem with Buckbeak.

They talked for a while until they needed to leave for the Great Hall for dinner, still talking with each other with random stuff. Harry leaves to go be with his friends, telling Cayden and Cedric good luck before it's too late, waving Viktor goodbye and a 'see you soon'.

Viktor follows Cayden and Cedric to where they are sitting with their friends, having seen this, his friends stand up from the Slytherin table and sit with Viktor. Boris instantly tries to flirt with Cayden after he sits down but is put to a stop instantly by Severus, who is walking by the Hufflepuff's table.

Once Severus walks off, Boris looks two times paler than before. Cayden smirks at that, eating his dinner peacefully with Cedric and Viktor sitting on either side of him.

≪ °❈° ≫

Cayden paces in the tent, wearing matching clothes with Cedric. He looks up when the flap to the tent snaps open, seeing Hermione who smiles nervously at him.