seven.

"Where is she?"

Restlessly, Dolph paced back and forth within the confines of his cell, his eyes constantly darting towards the closed door, desperately yearning for it to open. The mere passage of a few hours since The Warden had summoned Y/N had already ignited a flicker of concern within Dolph's heart, fearing that an unforeseen event had transpired between them. The intentions harbored by The Warden towards Y/N were shrouded in a sinister veil, leaving Dolph with an unsettling certainty that whatever awaited Y/N beyond that door was far from benevolent.

"Friend... there's no need to carry such tension," Bullfrog reassured, having observed Dolph's restless pacing with worry. "I have faith that she'll be alright.". Dolph fell silent, torn between agreeing with Bullfrog and the lingering fear that something dreadful had befallen Y/N. He didn't want to entertain the worst-case scenario, but the nagging possibility of something terrible happening gnawed at Dolph's mind. With a soft sigh escaping his lips, he averted his gaze from Bullfrog, clenching his fists tightly. Bullfrog frowned, sensing the growing distance between them.

At that moment, the cell door swung open, unveiling the presence of Y/N. As Y/N entered the cell, she absentmindedly massaged her wrist, her gaze fixed on the ground. Dolph felt a surge of joy upon Y/N's return, but her evident unease raised concerns within him. "Y/N!" Dolph exclaimed, rushing up to the little girl and enveloping her in an embrace. Holding Y/N close to him, Dolph made sure to ask about what had happened. "Did she hurt you? Did she—" Dolph halted when he noticed Y/N's eyes were glossy with tears. He gleaned all the answers he needed from this alone, understanding that whatever occurred between Y/N and The Warden wasn't good.

Dolph took a deep, shaky breath as Y/N wrapped her arms around his neck. "Daddy..." Y/N whispered, allowing her tears to fall as Dolph returned the hug. "Shhh, Shhh... I'm here," Dolph murmured, gently rubbing Y/N's back. After Dolph released Y/N, he watched her take a small step back. "Daddy?" Y/N asked, wiping away some tear streaks. "Yeah?" Dolph cupped Y/N's cheek, but she pulled away from his touch. "I want you to be honest..." Y/N trailed off, making direct eye contact with Dolph, who widened his eyes in shock at her hesitation towards him.

"How did you find me?"

✧ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✦✧✦ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✧

"......"

Nighttime had arrived, yet Y/N couldn't bring herself to sleep. Too many thoughts swirled in the little girl's head, all revolving around what The Warden had revealed to her. Y/N didn't want to believe it, yet she couldn't dismiss what she had seen in that room. The little girl in the incubator looked just like her, which made absolutely no sense. It was impossible – the fact that Y/N was in the incubator, yet standing right there next to The Warden at the same time.

Why would The Warden disclose about her daughter to Y/N? What made Y/N so special to learn such a terrible secret? Was.......was there something Y/N didn't know about but needed to? Was this The Warden's method of revealing Y/N's true identity? Wait a minute... if that was supposed to be Lumi in the incubator, and she looked just like Y/N, then—

NO!

THAT CAN'T BE TRUE!

NO WAY!

Y/N's heart rate raced faster than it should have, the realization hitting the poor child like a truck. "No... I'm not... I can't be—" Y/N tightly shut her eyes, attempting to fall asleep to forget about all of this. Maybe... it was all in her imagination! She was just picturing herself in the incubator. It couldn't possibly be what she thought it was. Gradually, Y/N found herself drifting off to sleep, calming down slightly as she entered dreamland.