※PROLOGUE⁜

before we get into this I just want to say I keep on sneezing help

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─── 

"Nothing built can last forever."

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─── 

"Handle these with care, please."
"Will do!"  I exclaimed, holding what seems to be piles of junk in my arms.  I happily walked away with these beauties in my arms.  These things were fascinating!  To think these beauties were just left there like that!  It makes me kind of mad!  I swiftly walk into my place in the building and gently laid the beauties down on my table.  I swiftly examined the 'junk' and after a brief overview of the structure of it all, I can safely say this belonged to a group that ravaged the seas!  How did it get buried in all of that junk though?  Strange.

Anyways, I wrote the information down on a notebook filled with tons of notes of previous things I examined and compared them to the other notes I found.  Most of these came from raids from other villages all across Earthbread.  Some of them, which honestly shocked me, came from raids from dragons!

You know that saying 'Nothing built can last forever'?  That's where I, a historian, come in!  I want to preserve time's greatest things from the past so that it still lives on Earthbread!  I started doing these things since I was a child!  I fulfilled that dream of becoming a historian and I do the job I love!

Back to what I was saying, the raids from dragons shocked me.  Dragons were known for their hostile nature when it comes to territory and possessions, so just seeing this from their little thrones and what not really surprises me.  Although all books about dragons could be false, what I do know is that they are extremely territorial over their stuff.

...

...

I checked the clock on my wall.  Shoot!  I dozed off and didn't realize the time!  Suddenly, I get a phone call from my boss.  I picked my phone up and answered the call.  "Hello? Boss?  What do you need me for?"  I asked over the phone.

"Come down to my office.  There's a really important task I need you to do."

"How important are we talking?  You know I'm a busy cookie."

"Important enough for the history of a place."

*riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing.*

I rushed out of my place from the building.  The floor to his office was far away, elevator wise.  I pushed the button and waited for the elevator to come, to which thankfully it didn't take a long time to do so.  I stepped into the elevator and pressed the button 17, and up it went.  It was a bit awkward.  The elevator going up was awkward.  Hey at least there was good music going up!  (the music in question would be the elevator music from doors)  I started to fidget with my hands, wondering what he wanted me for.  Maybe it was to converse with me!

I made it to floor 17!  Finally.  It took a while.  I walked through the hallway, to which everyone working there gave me side-eyes (not bombastic side-eyes), but ultimately they got back to work.  I went to the office door and opened it.  "Hello?  Boss?  You needed me for something?"  I asked.
"Yes, yes.  Sit right in that chair.  I need to tell you something important."  He responded.
I closed the door behind me and sat in the chair he asked me to sit in.  "What's the important stuff?"  I asked.  "Do you know of a legendary prophecy that roamed these lands?"  He asked.  "Well, no...I was not aware of such prophecy, sir.  Who is this referencing to?"  I asked.  "...One particular dragon that used to cause terror and fear.  The Legendary Red Dragon."  He responded.  My eyes lit up.  Before I could respond, he went on.  "You have a fascination for dragons, yes?  I, too, have a fascination for those four-legged creatures.  There's been a recent surge of attacks somewhere in the Dragons Valley.  So what I'm about to ask you is very important."  He said.  "I'm all ears, boss."  I said.  He smiled.  "Then I entrust you that you will collect information regarding the attacks, as this could be History."  He said.  "A History that the world will Never forget."  He added. "I'll do it!  But uh one question.  What is the prophecy you talked about earlier?"  I asked.  "Oh that.  Well there's a legend that a cookie ventured to the top of the tallest volcano to exchange some sort of deal with the Red Dragon.  From what I have heard from many cookies, there was one word in exchange for the deal.  They couldn't understand though, as their heads started to spin when they tried to comprehend it."  He said.  "...This is a dangerous task I'm asking from you.  Are you sure you're able to do this?  You're our best historian we have."  He asked.  I looked at him and nod.  "I'll be safe  besides, what could go wrong?"  I asked.  "Everything could go wrong."  He said.  "I'll be fine, I promise!  You've sent me on dangerous adventures before it's nothing new!"  I said.  "...I want you to find the Red Dragon too.  I want you to get answers from them."  He said.  "Gh- What?  But, Sir!  That's a little bit too dangerous, don't you think?"  I asked.  "...I know, but...the books are not all true and...I'm sorry if I'm asking too much."  He said.  "No no it's fine!  Ehh...look.  I'll find a way to see the Red Dragon, alright?"  I asked.  "...okay.  But please come back safe.  We can't lose another historian like you.  We've lost countless of others..."  He muttered.  "I already told you, I'll be fine!"  I smiled at him.  He looked at me and smiled weakly back.  "You depart in the morning, alright?  Oh, and if you want assistance then you are obligated to get help from anyone."  With a dismissive wave of his hand, he sent me off.

After all, what's the worst that could happen?

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───