⁘ CHAPTER 7

this special episode does not fail to
 give me the chills and I love it.

also this chapter is kind of like a 

transition chapter to the Dragon City
scene!  I hope you like what I wrote!

✴⛧⁺˚⋆。°✩₊✴⛧⁺˚⋆。°✩₊✴⛧⁺˚⋆。°✩₊✴⛧⁺˚⋆。°✩₊

"One of these stories must be untrue

But who?"

✴⛧⁺˚⋆。°✩₊✴⛧⁺˚⋆。°✩₊✴⛧⁺˚⋆。°✩₊✴⛧⁺˚⋆。°✩₊

It was oddly silent.
The walk was silent, with the occasional small talk of the group.  Not me though.  I was looking at the notes I wrote down, absolutely confused.  I didn't know what to make of this evidence.  Of this information.  I felt a tail hit behind my back a little and I stumbled forward.  My notebook fell out of my hand and tumbled to the ground.  I looked at who did that, and I was annoyed.  "What."  I said to them.  "Ssstop looking at that little notebook of yoursss.  You're falling behind from the group."  Pitaya Dragon Cookie said, gesturing to the group.  I looked ahead, and sure enough I was so far behind the two.  "Oh god!  I hate it when I get lost in my own notes..."  I said, picking up the notebook off the ground.  "Ssso uhh....thossse notesss.  And the uhh...notebook.  Isss that where you're going to write the information down or sssomething?"  They asked.  "Oh.  Yeah.  My boss wants me to gather information since he's fascinated with dragons as well.  Dragons never fail to amaze me too.  I always wonder how you guys adapted to cookies landing onto Earthbread."  I said.  "I mean, before we, Cookies, even appeared here you dragons used to rule the lands."  I added.  "You sssure do know a lot about usss dragonsss."  Pitaya Dragon Cookie said in a rather suspicious tone.  "Yeah, but to be honest I don't believe the books.  When I say a dragon fact it's because I confirmed it to be true by my own research.  It's sad that a lot of cookies can bluff a bunch of facts and cookies can just believe what's on the page.  That's why I check my stuff first."  I said.  "You are very cautiousss."  They responded.  "Of course!"  I smiled at them, putting my notebook in my bag.

"You two!  Come on now!  You're far behind!"  Hollyberry Cookie exclaimed.  "Oh.  Right."  I was...attempting to run towards them, but uhh...I can't run.  Pitaya Dragon Cookie noticed this and rolled their eyes.  They grabbed my arm and ran towards the group.  I was desperately trying to match their pace, but unlike Wildberry Cookie doing this to me I ended up getting dragged.  "Getting dragged I see?"  Hollyberry Cookie asked me.  "Hollyberry Cookie you know how I can't keep up."  I muttered.  "Of course!  I'm surprised a nerd like you could go on wacky and dangerous adventures!"  Hollyberry Cookie exclaimed.  "I TOLD YOU TO STOP CALLING ME A NERD!"  I yelled.  I was about to add something, but I just gave up and rested my head against their arm that was dragging me.  "..!  Hollyberry Cookie?  Where are we heading to?"  I asked.  "Why, we're heading to Dragon City!"  Hollyberry Cookie exclaimed.  I gasped.  "Dragon city?!  Oh man it's been a while since I've been there!"  I exclaimed.  "wait-"  "Yes yes (Y/N).  Pitaya Dragon Cookie.  You'll need to change into some new clothing."  Hollyberry Cookie said.  Pitaya Dragon Cookie stopped walking and dropped me to the ground.  "...WHAT?!"  They exclaimed, their wings out and about.  Their tail was swishing behind them in rage, and I was trying to not get hit by it.  "You heard me, Pitaya Dragon Cookie."  Hollyberry Cookie said.  "If we're to enter the Dragon City, you'll need to look the part.  (Y/N) should have some spare clothing, right?  I mean, surely you brought some clothes with you for adventuring to the Dragon's Valley, right?"  Hollyberry Cookie asked me.  "Oh.  Yeah, I did."  I opened my bag and looked through the clothes.  "Uhh...how about this?"  I held an outfit up for them to see.  "...Too bright."  They responded.  "Okay...um...this?"

"Too out of the ordinary."

"What about this?"

"I'm not wearing that!"

"THEN WHAT DO YOU WANT TO WEAR?!"

"MY ARMOR!"

"YOU CAN'T WEAR YOUR ARMOR THEY'LL KNOW YOU'RE A DRAGON!"

"WELL THEN WHAT DO YOU SSSUGGEST?!"

"...this?"

"...fine."

I threw the clothing at Pitaya Dragon Cookie and they growled a bit.  "Go over there or something."  I said, pointing to a nearby tree.  They rolled their eyes and went over there.  "So, (Y/N)!  How's work over at that place?"  Hollyberry Cookie asked.  "It's going great!  My boss is looking for people to hire though, and I'm kind of nervous if he has to resort to firing some people."  I said nervously.  "I'm not worried though!  I'm his best historian he has right now!  I don't think he would even think about doing something like that."  I said nervously.  "You won't lose your job, I know it!"  She exclaimed.

...

"Pitaya, you good?"  I asked.  It's been quite a while.

"Uhh...I don't know how to put thisss ssshirt on."

"oh my god do you want me to help you?"  I asked.

"...Help would be appreciated at thisss moment."

I groaned at their comment.  "Hold up guys be right back...pitaya dragon cookie doesn't know how to put a shirt on."  I muttered.  I went behind the tree only to reveal Pitaya Dragon Cookie...has NOT changed into the outfit after all!  They were just inspecting it!  "I- DRAGON HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO HELP YOU WHEN YOU HAVEN'T EVEN DONE ANYTHING?!"  I yelled.  "What?  I wasss jussst trying to inssspect it that'sss all!"  Pitaya Dragon Cookie said.  I went silent for a minute before walking up to them.  "...What do you think you're doing, mortal?"  Pitaya Dragon Cookie growled.  I started to grab their armor, to which they yelped and stumbled back.  "H-HEY!  WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!"  Pitaya Dragon Cookie yelled.  "HOLD STILL SO THAT I CAN TAKE THIS OFF YOU BIG LIZARD!"  I yelled.  "NO SSSTOP IT!"

...

Well that was certainly one of the most memorable moments of my life!  Pitaya Dragon Cookie growled as their chest was exposed now.  "Why do I have to wear thisss?"  They questioned in a sassy way.  "Do you want yourself to get killed?  I get it.  You're a mighty dragon from the stories, but sometimes you need to learn that...err...how do I put this...you need to get out of your comfort zone for at least a bit.  Trust me.  I don't like stepping out of my comfort zone, but it builds character, so I have to do it!"  I exclaimed.  They sighed and growled, knowing they couldn't come up with something to combat that.  I smiled and pat them gently.  "I know it's hard because you're in your cookie form, but promise me when I say this.  It's going to get better, and you just might...enjoy it."  I said, staring into their eyes.  Pitaya Dragon Cookie couldn't help but to blush a little.  Why is a mere mortal like her helping them?

I heard a low...purr?  I looked at them and they seemed to enjoy the head pat.  "...Should I write down that Dragons act like cats in terms of petting?"  I asked.  Their eyes widened and immediately swatted my hand away from their hair.  "SSSHUT UP!"  They demanded.  I just laughed.  "Yeah sure.  Let's get this stuff on."  I said. 

✴⛧⁺˚⋆。°✩₊✴⛧⁺˚⋆。°✩₊✴⛧⁺˚⋆。°✩₊✴⛧⁺˚⋆。°✩₊

oh boy i'm gonna love today /sarcastic