chapter 4 red balloons

They were still out of breath and were walking along the curb. Both boys shook violently, and vic seemed he was going to burst into tears. "Hey... we'll, find them, I promise," henry comforted. It was rare for him to do such a thing, but after that, it seemed necessary. Quickly, they caught something in the corner of their eyes, and a scowl of rage gathered on Henry's face. Vic pulled him back, and he knew he was going to do to the talking before someone got their eyes clawed out. "Belch! Patrick! I'm going to," henry was about to finish when he was cut off by a snap of fingers dangling infront of him. Vic cut him off so no one went feral."Think it's funny? Huh, well, a freak just chased the living shit out of us," Victor yelled. The sniggering boys soon went silent, and patrick seemed to know something.

"What weirdo?" Patrick finally broke the silence. Now it was Henry's turn to talk, but he didn't yell, his voice soft and gentle with fear quivering all over his words. "A red balloon it had, teeth sharp as cat claws and eyes yellow," he muttered. Patrick heart sank. It came back. It attacked his friends! A growl of hate and spit grew in his throat. He could rip this devil creature from limb to limb like he did with Henry's father. How the anger rose in him. This wasn't the common emotion Patrick usually obtained, but now he was letting it out. A king like him could not tolerate some foul puppet that roamed his world!

"Patrick, calm down," a whisper said, and he looked down to see henry, his face glum and startled. The shook he got the last time he saw that red balloon was horrible. He lost his friend for two whole weeks the last time he saw it, and now he nearly lost his own life. Eventually, he'd be dead to the hands of this monster that took the kids of derry and done god knows what to them. "It's not worth getting worked up over something you can't control," he murmured. "But I can!" He spat out. He was real, and this thing was not. If he was killed by it, everyone would be dead, so there's no need for this 'clown'. "Just... nevermind."

After they'd shaken off the awful incident, they turned to the plan and displayed it specifically, including the boys from before. It was action time, and a tingling feeling of joy unravelled in them. There, they stormed in with their usual unrated faces and fists clenched. Richies throat gulped loudly, and his hands shook, but he made the same sassy comments. "Oh great, it's the angry trio and..." Again, Patrick's name was stuttered out. The losers club was now confused to see him. "Aww, missed me while I had my week off?" He grinned, tightening his grip on his lighter. "N-no ho-ok-sst-ett-r," Bill pushed out, trying his best to be as confident as he could. They were all scared since there was no eddie in sight. Henry faked a meet-up with him to 'discuss' the deal they'd made, and of course, he brought Beverly with him for protection. Oh, how they'd be puzzled when infact henry wouldn't be there at all but in the comic store.

Grab, bash, agh, boing, ouch! So many noises were made as the boys fought for freedom against the older bully's. Patrick grabbed trashmouth tight, nearly cutting off his circulation whilst Belch kept the others at bay with his sneeky threats and awful splutters. Vic joined in as well, seeing how Belch got pleasure out of doing his bit in the show. "Now, give me my knife," henry ordered as he faced richies big eyed face. His eyes sure looked stupid behind glasses so square and professional on a very childish kid. "No! Now go whine in your bitchy room and find a new one," trashmouth rambled on gathering Henry's temper. He became impaction. Patrick seemed to want to hit Richie in the face, so henry allowed him.

The red mark stained on the boy as his glasses dropped to the floor. He coughed as the sting of his hand settled in. "Knife. Now," he repeated, and Richie could tell he was angry. His friends watched in pain as he told them to f off one more time. It was Henry's turn to become violent. He pushed his face to the floor and repeated as it banged on the wooden tiles. The splinters sunk into his skin, making him screech in pain. He was rolled onto his stomach as patrick foot pushed into his stomach. Henry had a large opportunity to grab the knife, and he took it. The pleasure filled him as he clutched it in his hands. "Mess with Bowers again, and I'll step right through you," patrick spat, leaving a spot of it on richies face. Eww, it was disgusting, but the older boys didn't care. They charged off laughing their heads off and making jokes about the boys' expressions. It was normal again. It was going to be normal again.