2nd Chance

The last thing I saw before I closed my eyes was a room full of corpses. My eyes were blurry due to the blood and exhaustion.

I looked at the man I had just stabbed and reminisced about the past.

I was an elite soldier trained by the government to kill high-level King pins, terrorists and people which the government couldn't touch legally.

This is what life is for members of the Black Squad.
An elite group of the secret organisation 'Agency' created by the government to handle off-grid missions, assassinations, secret rescue missions.

My life can be summed up in a few words.. an orphan stealing to fill his stomach.. the government's hunting dog, a blood demon no one knew, but everyone feared.

If someone asked me 'Did you have any regrets in life', I would immediately answer with a sharp 'Yes!'

What I wanted was a fulfilled, happy life...
... Well, at least I avenged my guys, the members of 5th Squad.

I killed that fucker Antonio Bianchi.

He was the leader of the most feared Gang in the country.
Extortion, Ammunition Smuggling, Human trafficking.. you name it, they did it.
Their power was rising so high, it was threatening the Government's Stability.

Agency was requested to finish the job.

.... But the mission ended up as a failure.
Some corrupt fuckers in the government tipped the Bianchi Mafia.

We were caught off-guard and easily surrounded. Those sadistic bastards kept some of us alive and tortured us daily.

I was the only one unfortunate enough to live through this.

A rescue team arrived to recover the captured members after 10days.
My body was full of deep knife cuts, wet from all the water logging, and face bloated from all the beating. I sighed in relief and lost consciousness after seeing the familiar Agency badge.

The Agency tracked down the traitors and gave them a gruesome death.

After 4 months of internal cleaning , the Higher-ups created a plan involving the Army and launched a mass attack on the Mafia.

I begged to be a part of this mission. My superiors tried to persuade me to rest, but I was adamant on avenging my squad members. They finally gave in and added me in as a mission personal.

Then what happened can only be described as a small war. We finally infiltrated the room where Antonio was hiding...

This brings us to the current situation.

My body was full of bullet wounds as I  stabbed Antonio in the heart.

I laughed maniacally seeing the despair in his eyes.

Finally as the adrenaline drained out, the exhaustion and blood loss caught up with me.

As I closed my eyes, I could not think of anything else. The only thing in my mind was : Finally I'm at peace.

I readied myself for my internal slumber.

.................

< Sound of bowl falling>

" Alice don't drop the bowls! You will wake up the baby!"

"Sorry Dad"

.......................

What the fuck is with all this noise, let me atleast die peacefully!

As I opened my eyes I saw a man with a beard and a beautiful woman besides him.
As I turned a bit more, I saw a little girl about 5 years old, picking up a fallen bowl

Goosebumps appeared around my body as I looked at this girl that looked eerily  like the main character of my favourite novel series.

[ Wait it can't be right...?!]

I thought, as an absurd thought appeared in my brain...

[ Is this the infamous reincarnated into your favourite novel genre? Did I really get reincarnated into the world of 'The strongest Sword Saintess'?]