Evaluation Exam

It is almost 1:30 pm now. The training ground is filled with freshmen standing in straight lines.

The evaluation exam is used to segregate the students into different grades based on their talents

In my previous life I was placed in the B grade.

The evaluation started and people would come up and attack the training dummy.

I would have just shown enough power to get me to grade A, but I can't miss the reward for the first place this time.

The first 3 students would receive 100, 50 , and 20 credits respectively.

I did receive 150 credits from the headmaster but that was not enough to get what I need the most right now.

It is not known to many freshmen yet, but during the first 2 weeks, the academy store will sell items at half the price for the Freshmen.

And there is one item that I desperately need right now to get stronger.

The < Adeline's Body Tempering Potion>.

This potion is normally sold at 400pts . During these 2 weeks it will be sold at 200 pts.

Generally students would be able to buy it by the start of the second semester of Year 2, but it would be too late by then. It is best if used before the 12th birthday, when the inner core is yet to solidify fully.

So it's generally best if it's taken in the Freshmen year. The hero in my previous life, Glenn was able to take it by the end of 1st year.

Why not buy it from an auction or some black market, one might say.
Well.. this was a potion made by Alchemy Guild leader and Redlands Alchemy department head Grand Mage Adeline Rosewalt.

It's a potion Adeline concocted when she reached the grand mage level.

Anyone at a grand mage level proficiency in Alchemy could produce this potion. But there was only one mage known to have reached this proficiency, Adeline.

She had refused to sell it outside the academy due to concerns of it being smuggled to the demons.

Other than receiving it as a gift from the Alchemy dept head herself, the only way to obtain the potion was through the academy store.

When used before 12, the potion is helpful in reducing the difficulty for reaching sword Saint level by a little.

Such an opportunity was too valuable to waste.

Hence I need to get the first place in the evaluation test and buy the potion as soon as possible.

-----------------------------------------------------

The average level of the Freshmen accepted into the academy was between 17-25. They were either basic or advanced swordsmen/ Intermediate Mages. This was at the level of the Kingdom's soldiers which was already an amazing feat.

But within these freshmen were some monsters. Some extraordinary students with power level above 30.

Time went on and after many participants were evaluated, a familiar guy walked onto the stage.

This fellow was an average looking guy with orange hair and plain clothes, but he gave off a strong momentum.

I watched with anticipation as this guy was unsheathing his sword.

He was someone whom I couldn't forget.

Someone who was the closest to, but failed to reach the Sword Saint lvl.

The guy who was selected as a hero and the commander of the human alliance against demon King.

The one who killed me in the previous timeline.