Redlands Academy (2)

Alice and Stacy were on their way to the administrative department while checking out the academy campus.

The inner complex was even more beautiful than the city. The beautiful cobblestone streets covered the entirety of the campus. There were magical street lamps every 100m.

The campus was divided into multiple buildings each dedicated to a specific department.

Professors clad in rich purple robes move through the arched corridors, while students practiced spells in the garden.

The building nearby had a thick scent of rare herbs used in potion-making.

Each building has enchanted banners fluttering in the breeze, depicting the crests of their speciality.

They passed by the training ground and could hear it echo with the sounds of spell incantations and clashes of sword energy.

They peeked at the training ground to witness a knight covered in sword aura and a sorcerer in a flowing robe incanting a grade 5 spell, engaged in an epic duel.

They admired the battle for a while and continued on their way to the main school building.

Stacy talked about various different things and Alice just listened. She would provide inputs from time to time.

Alice enjoyed listening to her old friend after such a long time.

They took a little detour and stopped by a restaurant to eat some food.

Alice bought her some chocolate crepe and they both ate while continuing to chat.

After a long time they finally reached the main building.

The main building of Redlands Academy is a grand building standing in the heart of the Academy. Its towering spires, clad in aged stone, pierce the sky, creating an imposing yet awe-inspiring presence.

This was also the building where the headmasters office was situated.

Alice and Stacy entered the building and approached the reception desk.

" Hello I'm Grace, welcome to Redlands Academy administrative department. How may I help you?" said the reception lady with a smile.

" Hi. I'm Alice Herald a freshman at Redlands and this here is Stacy. She got lost while touring the academy. Could you please help us in searching for her father?" Alice asked politely.

"Of course, could you please let me know his name so I can announce it through the announcement system across the Academy "

"Yes! It's Viktor Stormheart." said Stacy with a cheerful smile.

" Sure Viktor Stormheart...... Wait! do you mean Duke Stormheart?" Grace said in an astonished voice.

" Yes thats my father" Stacy replied proudly.

"Ah. the Duke just went up to meet the Headmaster, wait I'll let him know".

Grace then picked up her magical tablet. This device was used for long distance communication within the academy and was provided to all students after the opening ceremony.

While she was speaking with the headmaster I looked at Stacy and said, "well Stacy I need to go now. I'll see you later"

"Wait! Can't you stay a bit longer, I'll introduce you to my father as my first friend at the academy"

" No worries Stacy, we will meet some other time. I need to prepare for the evaluation test this afternoon "

"Ah! Sure I'll let them know", then Grace interrupted our conversation and said " the Duke and the Headmaster would like to meet you miss Alice. Should I tell them you need to rest before the test?"

" Oh! ... No I'll go meet them" said Alice after some thinking.

This was a good opportunity to give a good impression in front of the headmaster, one of the strongest people in this world.

They climbed up the stairs and knocked on the big door to the headmasters office.

The door opened and Alice could see a huge office which had a very plain look. There were not many things in the office other then many shelves of books. At the end was a huge desk behind which sat an old man with a long white beard wearing a plain white robe.

This was the headmaster of Redlands Academy.

A Mage with 9 magic circles, someone at the pinnacle of humanity.

A caring grandfather to those who were under his wing, but a fearful demon to his enemies. He was someone who has seen many generations pass by.

He was the member of the original hero's party that sealed the demon lord 500 years ago.

All his original colleagues had passed along to the other side.

He had stayed behind to ensure that the peace was maintained, A peace they had so earnestly fought for.

He was a legendary figure and one of the main reasons Redlands was considered invincible.

This was the man named Archmage Augustus.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Headmaster asked us to sit on a couch near the desk.

With a kind smile he said," Alice Herald, I've heard a lot about you from the Marquess. A young Swordswoman who is almost at the level of an auror knight at the age of 10. Welcome to Redlands Academy and thank you for helping young Stacy get here. Would you like something to drink?".

I was very happy to leave a good first impression on the Headmaster.

" No I'm good. Thank you for asking headmaster", I replied politely.

" Dad this is my new friend Alice. She is a very kind person", said Stacy with a smile.

"Hahaha! It seems even this generation of Stormheart and Herald have formed a friendship. I'll have to travel to the Herald territory this winter break to meet with an old friend. Stacy would you like to spend the summer with Alice?", the Duke asked, reminiscing about his youth.

"Yes ofcourse dad!", said Stacy cheerfully.

We continued to talk a bit more about various thing.

The headmaster finally said," you need to rest well before the evaluation exams this afternoon. I'll not keep you occupied anymore. Here please have this as a small gift for our first meeting."

He smiled and handed me a note with 150 credits written on it.

I was shocked inside but maintained my composure.

" You can hand it in at the mission center after the opening ceremony. You'll know about it more at the opening ceremony".

I already knew what this was! Credits can be used to get various precious items from the academy store.

These items are very expensive when buying outside the academy. Many Commoners were unable to buy them through normal means. To stay fair to all the academy started a credit system where your hardwork was rewarded with credit points.
But if you caused problems, your credit points will be deducted.

Many would think the credit system would not affect the nobles who already had the money.

But there were many items only sold at the Academy store which couldn't be found anywhere else.

Items like knowledge tomes from the academy professors, scrolls created by the academy professors and most importantly.. the knowledge to reach Sword Saint/Archmage level.

These items were given with a oath to not spread the knowledge with anyone else. Only those who earned it, shall receive it.

150 credits was equivalent to completing 3 medium missions! It was a really great gift for a freshman starting the year with no credits!

I thanked the headmaster, the Duke, Stacy and left the administrative building to head towards my dorm.

I need to refresh before the evaluation exams.