Prologue: The Artist

The worst part of being an artist is not how expensive art materials are. It's the fact that despite wanting to create something, nothing seems to inspire you. 

Some use other forms of art to inspire themselves to create new art, some would go to a place, it could also be food, and often it's a person. 

But for Y/n? She isn't sure. 

She had tried going to museums, listening to music more often, and visiting new places, but nothing came to her, everything seemed so dull. 

"Y/n," Her father's voice spoke pulling her out of her thoughts. "You've been staring at your food, it's going to get cold," 

"Ah," She blinked before finally taking another bite of her food. 

Her father chuckled. "Don't forget to chew," His phone rang and his face dropped into a serious expression. "I gotta go,"

Y/n watched as her father grabbed his stuff in a hurry. "But you said you'll help with the move?" She protested. 

"I'm sorry, N/n, my boss wants me to be in the office early," Her father explained. "I'll send my secretary to drop you off to the new house,"

She nodded understandingly. "Alright, drive safely," 

Her father smiled apologetically and exited the door, she could hear him drive off as she sat back down and once again stared at her now half-eaten breakfast. 

Once she was done eating and washing the dishes, her father's secretary arrived. "Ms. L/n, your father tasked me to drive you. Shall we go?" The male asked gently. 

Y/n nodded. "Let's go," 

"Are all your things packed?" He questioned as he stood still by the hallway. "Your father wanted me to remind you."

"Yeah," She nodded again as she walked past him and out of the house.

The secretary then followed her out and opened the car door before she could. "Here," He said as he waited for her to enter the vehicle. 

"Thanks... but you don't have to open the door for me," She reminded him for the nth time. 

The male didn't speak and just waited until she entered before closing the door. He then walked to the driver's side and entered himself. 

The drive was quiet, Y/n was leaning by the window watching as buildings and cars blurred out. The scene's always different but the scenario's always the same. 

"Have you seen your new house?" The male asked. 

She hummed. "It all looks the same when you move all the time," 

The male understood her, he knew it could be hard not being able to truly settle down, especially at her age, it'd be hard to build relationships with kids her age. 

"Well, are you excited for your new school?" He tried to lighten the mood. "I heard it's bigger than your previous one," 

Y/n remained silent. "Dad promised me he'll be the one to drive me to the new house," She muttered changing the topic. 

He sighed. "Y/n... you need to understand, your father is the COO, he's needed there, just like the CEO," He explained. 

"I guess I'm not as important as that company," She sarcastically remarked. 

"The COO is a busy man-"

"I know," Y/n cut him off. "I just wish he'd spend more than an hour with me without thinking of work," She paused before whispering. "I barely know him..."

From what she heard from her grandmother, her parents had her at a young age so money was tight back then, and added to that her mother was always ill. 

And not long after she turned three, her mother passed so Y/n didn't have many memories of her. Meanwhile, her father drowned himself in work to the point of being promoted every year.

Her father did spend time with her, only at breakfast though. He's busy during holidays as well and he barely attended her school events, not that she would last long to experience events. 

Due to Y/n's dad being promoted, he always gets assigned to a different location with a higher position, meaning they often move houses and she would not stay for more than half of the semester. 

Everyone was a stranger, and everywhere she went was foreign. It felt like being an alien to your own home planet. 

.

.

.

Hours passed and they arrived at the new address, and as usual, it was located near the city, and was surrounded by houses that seemed to grow in size every time they moved. 

The house she was standing in front of was way bigger than their previous house, it looked like it had many rooms that would probably be left empty. 

"Your belongings have been delivered and are already set up in your new room," The secretary informed. "Shall we?" He said as he held the door open once again. 

Y/n refrained from protesting since he was already holding the door for her. "Thank you,"

As she looked around the house, albeit felt more like a mansion than a home, her father's secretary began to inform her about the neighborhood. 

"The family next door, Shiba. They have three children close to your age," He said as he followed her around the house. "Their daughter's the same age as you," 

She stopped. "Shiba? Isn't that one of my father's co-workers?" 

"Yes, Mr. Shiba's the CEO of the company," He answered. 

"Huh... how about their mom?" She raised her brow. "Is she my dad's co-worker as well?" 

"From my knowledge, their mother had passed long before," The male replied.

Y/n averted her gaze. "I see,"

He looked at his watch. "Well then, Ms. L/n, I must take my leave now," The male then smiled after bowing to her. "If you ever need help or in case of any emergencies, contact me immediately and I'll let your father know,"

"Of course," She nodded. 

"I ordered your lunch, it should arrive in a few hours," He then walked towards the door. "See you soon, Ms. L/n," He said before closing the door. 

And once again she was alone in another, bigger, house.  She then had a thought and went to get something from her bag; Her sketchbook and a pen. 

She figured if she were going to find inspiration, a new location should help, not that it did before but it's not like she'll lose anything if she tried. 

She then left the house and began to explore the new neighborhood. Just what will she find?

= - = - =

A/N: And Hello again~!

If you're curious about the character's ages here's the info:

[Year 2004]

L/n Y/n (14)
Shiba Yuzuha (14)
Shiba Hakkai (13)
Shiba Taiju (15)
Inui Seishu (15)
Kokonoi Hajime (14)

Ps. Ken Wakui's character ages are all taken from the TR Wiki. 

So there you go! Hope you enjoyed reading the prologue. See you on chapter 1 ^^