Chapter 4: Why Say No

The males watched as Yuzuha dragged Y/n away from them. When the girls were far enough, Kokonoi crossed his arms and sighed. 

"Some people would kill to experience that interaction, and yet here you are throwing it away," The black-haired male said with a hint of disappointment. "Oh well, no reason to dwell on it now,"

He turned and walked away, and Inupi followed. While the others were conversing their usual topics, Inupi remained quiet. 

In truth, he had no idea what to reply and just blurted out the easiest word to say. It didn't look like the girl was upset or anything anyway.

"Right, Inupi?" Kokonoi's voice cut through his thoughts. 

The blond looked at him. "Yeah, sure," Inupi had no idea what he said.

Kokonoi stopped. "Wait, really?" He said with a shocked smile. "And here I thought you lacked any interest,"

"Huh?" Now it was Inupi's turn to stop. 

"If you found her cute, why'd you even say no?" His friend raised a brow at him.

So that was what they were talking about. Inupi then made up an excuse. "She's cute, but that doesn't mean that I like her, I don't know her," 

"Huh, fair enough," Koko shrugged. "But you know, the reason for dating is so you can know the other person," He paused. "Anyway-"

As Kokonoi began to instruct the others on what their business was, Inupi went back to his own mindscape, wondering if the laundry he washed yesterday was already dry. 

.

.

.

Yuzuha kept glancing at Y/n the whole time they were walking around the mall. She wondered if Y/n was dwelling on Inupi's rejection since she's been so quiet.

"Hey, do you want ice cream? My treat," Yuzuha smiled. 

Y/n looked at her with a raised brow. "But we just ate...?" 

"Okay, how about bowling?" Yuzuha stopped and held both her hands. "We'll just have fun and we don't have to think of anything negative,"

Yuzuha was acting quite odd from Y/n's perspective. "Okay, sure," But smiled nonetheless. 

.

.

.

It was already sundown by the time they both went back home. Yuzuha went inside her house first, meanwhile, Y/n decided to stay outside for a bit. 

There was a nearby park just a few blocks away from their street so she went there to pass the time, there weren't many people occupying the space, after all, they were all going home. 

While walking, she spotted a familiar figure in the distance, but then again, who wouldn't stand out if they were wearing white coat uniforms in an open area? 

Y/n wasn't planning on approaching the group, but by the time she was a few feet away, they all left, except for one; Inui Seishu.

It was already way past sunset, she had no idea why but she stopped in front of the bench where he sat. 

He had his elbows resting on his knees while staring at the ground. Inupi looked up with his usual nonchalant gaze, his lips slightly agape, and his hair softly falling to his eyes. 

"You're bleeding," She pointed out.

Inupi let out a soft, almost silent scoff before looking back down. "Yeah, no shit," His tone was dead as ever.