The beginning

Tessa pov:
It was a late stormy night in Scranton PA, I was getting ready for bed until something came on the news. "Breaking news, there has been something strange going on about murders in town. Please be careful and make sure your doors are locked. The police are trying their hardest to catch the killer/killers, we do not know the faces yet. Do not trust anyone!" My eyes went wide. "Mom? Are you home?" (Yes I still live with my mom, getting a house as a 19 year old is tough.)

I heard nothing but the rain hitting my window. "Okay.. it looks like I'm on my own.." I got up from my bed and ran downstairs to lock the door. I went to the back door just to notice it was wide open "hello..?" I looked around scared. There was nothing to be heard, oh and I forgot to mention that the power went out. I grabbed one of the sharp knives "hello?!" I said in a panic. Where the fuck is mom? She should be home by now.

The lights suddenly turned on, and there was Kody standing there covered in blood. I dropped the knife nearly hitting my foot "Kody.." my eyes widened. "It's not my blood.. it's your mom's.." I felt my body go into shock "what do you mean it's my mom's blood.." could he possibly be the killer?

Kody's pov:
"Your mom and I went out to the store to get some groceries for tomorrow's dinner. But something bad happened.. a group of people, maybe 5? Guys or women. I don't know but they were attacking people all around.. I was trying to save your mom but it didn't work. I'm so sorry Tess."  Shit she probably won't believe or trust me because of the news.

"Kody.. I'm sorry I don't think I can believe you.. the news doesn't know the faces of the killers yet. I want to believe you but I'm scared.. fuck! My mom is dead and I could be next.." she cried. "How could you not believe me?! We've been dating for years!!" I shout "you really think I would do something like this?!!"

"Kody please.. I don't fucking know what to believe, I just don't want to die!" She said while collapsing on the floor. I forgot that when she's stressed she collapses fuck! "You say you don't want to die yet you cut yourself!" I saw the hurt in her eyes. Thats when I realized I fucked up again "Tess.. please tell me you didn't relapse, I see that look."

"Baby please show me.." her body tensed up, I sighed and kneeled down to her "don't make me do this." She looked me dead in the eyes "fuck you!" She shouted "already did" I said while pulling up her sleeve revealing her fresh cuts. I traced the outlines of her cuts to see how fresh they are, some bled while others didn't.

"Tess we talked about this.." she got up quickly "you need to leave.. the damage is done for the night. I have to figure out what to do about mom's death. I don't even know where dad is anymore.. so please go.." little does she know is that I work for her dad so we will see what happens. "I'm sorry.." I say while walking out of the house.

Tess pov:
Once Kody left the house I quickly locked the back door. It started to feel like the room was spinning and that's when I collapsed,hitting my head on the cold floor.

I was out for maybe 2-3 hours I realized that I was in my bed but how? I was just on the ground. The door opened slowly revealing Kody "Tess.. I know you didn't want me here but I came back. I had a feeling something was wrong." Tears came rushing down my face "Kody.." my voice shakes in fear. He rushed to me "it's going to be okay.." he said while pulling me close to him.

"How will it be okay? My mom is dead. For all I know is that I'll be next!" I cried while holding onto him tightly. "I won't let anything happen to you.."

Kodys pov
The realization hits me "Tess we need to get out of town. It's not safe here anymore, if I have to protect you we need to leave now!" Her body tenses up on mine. "Kody what's going on?" She asked "I'll explain everything later but now we have to go! There's no time for packing up anything let's get the fuck out of here!"