Day 16 disguise

Tessa's pov

As I opened my eyes, I found myself in the dark, damp and eerie basement, and experienced a shiver run down my spine. The thunderstorm had knocked out all the lights and the darkness around me was suffocating. I whispered Billy's name, hoping to find some comfort in his presence. "Billy, are you up?" I called out in a feeble voice. His response was muffled, filled with exhaustion, and barely audible. "Hm Tess?"

I mustered the courage to speak again, "Can we talk upstairs?" My voice trembled with fear as I waited for his reply. After a brief moment, he got up and followed me upstairs, and we both gazed at the destruction outside. The storm had caused significant damage, but I had more pressing concerns on my mind.

"Billy... I don't want Ricky here after what he did to me. What if this is all part of his plan?" I asked him, my fear and apprehension palpable in my voice. He looked at me with a concerned expression, clearly exhausted from the events of the night. "Tess, you don't have to trust him. I don't know what to do right now. If he goes back, he will tell Chris and the others where we are. Do you want that? After what they did to you?" he responded, his voice laced with worry.

Tears streamed down my face as I responded, "Of course not... I didn't ask for any of this!" I cried, feeling overwhelmed and helpless. Billy pulled me into a tight embrace, trying his best to comfort me. "I know, and I'm sorry," he said, his voice filled with empathy and understanding.

Billy looked up at me, his eyes lingering on my newly cut hair. "Was there a reason why you cut your long beautiful hair?" he asked curiously. I took a deep breath before answering. "I needed a change," I replied, feeling the weight of my decision settle on my shoulders. "Maybe they won't recognize me anymore," I added, half-jokingly. Billy reached out and stroked my hair, his fingers gentle and reassuring. "I just need to get this Kody mark tatted with something more beautiful," I said, feeling a sudden surge of determination. "Will you take me?" Billy's face lit up with excitement. "Of course I will," he said happily. "We will go today, so make sure you're ready. I have a good friend that does amazing tattoos," he added, as I started walking upstairs.

Billy's pov

As I was waiting for Tessa to come back downstairs, I noticed Emma and Ricky coming up the stairs. I quickly walked out of the living room and gestured for Ricky to follow me. Once we were alone, I turned to him and said, "Ricky, I need to talk to you urgently. If you're planning on staying here, I need you to protect Tessa at all times. She's planning on changing her entire look, getting a tattoo to cover up the scars from what Kody did to her. In public, refer to her by a fake name just in case anyone asks, and if the guys ask, just say she's a close friend. If they see me with you, tell them we're still out looking for Tessa."

Ricky listened intently, nodding slowly to show he understood. Just then, Tessa came down the stairs and froze as she saw Ricky. I quickly walked over to her and said, "Tess, I'll explain everything in the car, but Ricky has to come with us. I'm not leaving him here with Emma." Tessa nodded, looking relieved that we were all on the same page.

As we entered the car, I noticed that Tessa was feeling uneasy. I decided to talk to her and reassure her that everything would be alright. "Listen, Tessa," I began, "Ricky is going to stay with us for a while. He's going to protect you, but there's one thing you need to understand. Whatever name he gives you, you should use it. It will protect you from any harm that comes your way."

Tessa looked at me with an anxious expression, then turned to Ricky. "If it's going to protect me, then I'll do it. But if that means I have to trust him again, it will take time," she said.

I nodded understandingly. "I completely understand, Tessa. Trust is something that has to be earned. Just take your time and know that we're here to support you."