where am i? A ceremony?

Wei qi open her eyes only to meet a dark. 'Huh? Where am i?' She try to touch something to open this. 'It look like a box? No, it a coffi- wait..Why am i in a coffin?!'

'How did i die?! I was just walking..i don't reme-'

"I better hurry up and find that uniform before someone spots me..."

'A voice? Are they going to open this coffin?'

'Urgggh... This lid weighs a ton! Try this on for size! Mya-ha!' And then suddenly there's a blue fire.

'Huh?! Blue fire?'

"Now to grab the goods..." the person open the coffin but it was a weasel? A talking cat?.

"What?! You ain't supposed to be awake!"

"A talking cat? That's weird.."

"How... How DARE YOU! I am no CAT! I'm Grim, sorcerer extraordinaire!
Tch. Whatever. You...human! Just gimme yo-" then grim got kicked by wei qi as she ran fast.

"Where am i?!...I was sure i was taking a ride with the disciple....maybe there's a library around..." Then she found a library but then she stop.

'Wait. Why am i running away? This could be all a dream! Hah! Yes that’s it! I just need..' she tought as she pinched her cheeks but nothing at all. 'It not a dream?!'

"Foolish human! Did you really think you could slip away from ME?" The same cat just appeared. 'The cat again?'

"Now, unless you wanna get burned to a crisp, take off that—" suddenly there's a lashes around the cat body.

"Me-YEOW! That hurt! What gives?"

"Consider it tough love. Ah, I've found you at last. Splendid. I trust you're one of this year's new students? My, were you ever eager to make your debut.
And bringing a poorly trained familiar with you? That is a clear violation of the school's rules." The bird person said.

"Wha- But si-"

"As if I'd serve some lowly human! Now lemme go!"

"Yes, yes. Rebellious familiars always say that. Do be quiet for a bit, won't you?"

"Mmmrph!"

"Dear me. Of all the students I've dealt with, you're the first with temerity enough to open their own gate and step out of it. Does the very notion of patience elude you? No matter. Your orientation has already begun. Let us return to the Mirror Chamber." The bird person drag wei qi out of the library.

"Wha-?! What do you mean a student?"

"You awakened in a room full of gates, did you not? All of the students here at the campus arrived by passing through such gates. Although typically the students have restraint enough to wait until I open them before waking up."

"So those coffins are like...gateways?" She said, feeling confused about this informations.

"The design is intended to symbolize a parting with your former world,
and a rebirth into a new one." The bird person explained.

"But now is not the time for such prattle.You've a student orientation to attend! Go on, now. Make haste."

"First, just tell me one thing. Where am I?" Wei qi asked, she didn’t trust the bird man.

"Hm? Have you not fully regained consciousness? The timespace teleportation must have addled your memories... Well, these things happen, I suppose. I shall explain it to you while we walk. Truly, my magnanimity is boundless." The bird man explained.

"Ahem..This is Night Raven College.
It is an institution for students the world over who demonstrate a rare aptitude for magic. It is the most prestigious academy of its sort in all of Twisted Wonderland. And I am Dire Crowley. Having been entrusted with its care by the chairman, I serve as headmage."