5

"How long have you been on the run with Tiger boy?"

Yoongi sat there, questioned by Agust and his partner. He sighed. "3 years. We have been on the run for three years.. Never got caught until now. You never catched on." He pointed at Agust with his cuffed hand. "Look, I do not want go to jail, so please let me go." Agust shook his head. "I can't until the investigation is done. Have you.. Been to jail before, Yoongi?" Yoongi sat there for a moment and thought if he had ever been to jail before or not. He nodded his head and looked at Agust and Jimin. "I have once.. But I had no choice, it was due to a parking violation and I didn't have enough money to pay it so they sent me to jail." He looked at the cuff on his wrist, placing his hand under the table as he knew there would be a way out.

Jimin looked at his paper, looking through it. "Do you have any illnesses? Mental, physical?" Yoongi shook his head. "No sir.. I do not." Agust smiled softly. Maybe he could give Yoongi another chance. "Alright, well.. I didn't want to say this but." He looked at Jimin. Jimin looked at Agust. Nodding to each other before looking at the criminal in front of them, seeing him out of the cuffs. "How do you do that every single time?" Yoongi shrugs and smiles. "I have a trick. I won't tell though."

"Well you can't do that with every cop. They'll make them tighter and keep you there."

"I'll just find another way to get out." Agust and Seokjin stared at Yoongi then started to laugh. "You- You think you can just get away with things like that?" Jimin asked in between laughs, making Yoongi pout. "I never said that." Agusts laughter died down, "Look. We won't send you to jail. We'll give you another chance, just need you to go to rehab."

"Again? I haven't even done drugs or anything!"

"Hm..then why did I find this?" Seokjin took out a small bag of meth, placing it on the table. Yoongi stared at it, looking up at Jimin. "I-it's not mine, believe me. I'm holding it for a friend." Agust and Jimin looked at each other, then at Yoongi. Seeing his eyes dilated by a lot. "Are you trying to get out of this?" Yoongi scoffed softly, rolling his eyes. "No."

"Yes you are." Agust straightened the papers he had in his hands, giving them to Jimin. "Here. Go give these to the rehabilitation officer and see what we could do with him. I'll stay and make sure this.. criminal isn't going anywhere." Jimin smiled and stood up, walking off with the papers. Agust turned to Yoongi, folding his hands on the table. "What am I going to do.. with you.." He placed a pen near him, letting out a soft breath out his mouth. Yoongi stayed silent, his arms crossed against his chest as he stared at Agust. Leaning against the back of the chair, he squinted his eyes and looked around. Blinking from time to time. "Are you going to talk?" Agust asked.

"No."

"If you talk, I'll get you a raise at your job." Yoongi looked at Agust, then looked away. "I doubt it." He said quietly, then heard a dial of a phone. He looked back at the cop, hearing Seokjin speak on the phone. “Thank you for calling Starbucks, this is Seokjin.” Yoongi stared at Agust, keeping his arms crossed before looking away. “Yes, hello. This is a call referring to your worker, Min Yoongi? Well, I would just want to say that he’s an amazing worker, the nicest, sweetest and generous server I have ever had. I would like for you to speak to him about giving him a raise.” The phone was silent, then he heard a small sigh of relief. “Sure thing! Thank you sir, for calling Starbucks. Have a good day now.”

“You’re welcome.” Agust hung up, looking at Yoongi. Yoongi looked at the cop in shock, smiling a little. Jimin came back inside the room, giving Agust some papers back from the rehabilitation officer. “Thank you, Minnie.. Now, let’s see.” He looked at the paper. “Rehab for 3 months.. Then he can go back to work.” He looked at Yoongi, moving forwards in his seat to look at him closer. “What?”

“Min Yoongi.. Min Yoongi.. What to do with your cute ass..” Agust leaned back in his chair. Yoongi felt his cheeks tint red, turning his head away from the cop. “J-just put me in rehab. I won't.. Do anymore drugs, I promise.”

“Hmm. And are you going to show me in three months that you’re out of drugs?” Agust stared at Yoongi, seeing a nod come from him. “Good boy. Now, you’ll get admitted into the rehabilitation center once I get you out of here today. Sound good?” He asked. Yoongi nodded, moving his knees up to his chest in the seat, his head resting on his knees and his arms wrapping around his knees. “You alright?”

“I’m good. I’m just tired.” He stretched his arms out, yawning. Agust tapped his pen on his desk. “What made you want to steal and do drugs?” He questioned, clicking his pen and getting ready to write. Yoongi looked at Agust, then at the pen and paper, then back at him. “You want to know the truth? The truth is that.. I wasn't influenced by anything. I just– Did it. Nothing provoked me to do it, nothing happened in my past or anything to make me want to do this. It was all me. It wasn't Taehyung, it wasn't my parents. My parents gave me a good childhood and teen life. Taehyung was a really good friend. He still is. I just didn't want to see him go to jail because of my influence. Because of my stupid deeds. I’m the one to blame for all of this, and I will own up to that. If you want to send me to jail, go right ahead. But Taehyung? He’s a beast and will not take no for an answer. He will literally kill you with one wrong turn, look, anything.”

“Really? This is all because of you?” Yoongi nodded. “It may come to a surprise. I was a very nice teen, you can ask Tae himself..” He swallowed a lump in his throat. “B-but, I kept stealing. I stole beer, I stole money, drinks.. Placed them in my bag and just ran. It felt good, like an adrenaline rush.” As Yoongi explained all of this, Agust stared at the boy, and multiple cops stared at the criminal, one of them handcuffing him to the table without him noticing. “So.. about a year later, I got a job as a waiter at a restaurant. I kept a mask on, hoping people wouldnt recognize me. Cut my hair, freshened up. Then, the restaurant schtick wasn't working out, so I went to Starbucks. Seokjin takes good care of me.. I’m not sure if he'll trust me after these 3 months.” He felt numb after saying everything, looking at the table. It was silent for a while, but a comfortable one. Agust cleared his throat, sitting up.

“Wow, Yoongi. That's.. Shocking. I didn't know.”

“Yeah, well.. I’m pretty good at lying.” Yoongi whispered. Agust chuckled, standing up. “No you aren't. Come with me, let’s go get you admitted to rehab.” Yoongi stood, somehow back in the handcuff. How did he not notice? He looked at the cuffs, pulling on it gently. “Er.. Agust? Mr.. cop, sir?” Agust looked at the younger, going over to him and unlocking the second cuff that was on the table, placing it over his other wrist before tightening the cuffs, walking out to his cop car and placing Yoongi in the back. Agust sat in the drivers seat, turning the ignition on and driving to the rehabilitation center. “So.. Yoongi,” He started. “How long have you been working at Starbucks?”

Yoongi looked behind him, looking through the bars of the car. “About a year. My boss wanted me to become a manager but I had declined. If I go back and say I want to become one, I’m not sure if my boss would take me, since I’m what you call a criminal.” He looked back forwards, sitting against the bars of the car. “I’m sure he will. We’re here.” He looked out the window, seeing as he was at Agusts house. “Why are we at your house?”

“They told me I could do rehab for you here. You don’t have enough money to actually be in rehab.”

“Are you serious? Your room will just make me want to go back to stealing.”

Agust sighed, getting out of the car and getting Yoongi out of the back seat, walking with him inside. Sitting him on his bed, he ruffled his hair before chuckling. “You’re a very cute criminal, hm?” Yoongi rolled his eyes, staring at his tightened cuffs. He moved his wrists, kind of liking the feeling. “Can you buy me some of these?”

“No. They're police property.”

“Or I could just..” Yoongi stuck his hand down his pants pocket, taking out another pair of handcuffs. Agust stared at Yoongi, glaring at him. “How the fuck did you get a pair of handcuffs? A second pair?” Yoongi giggled, laughing after. “Magic.” His face dropped, looking down at the second pair of cuffs. “So.. You’re a magician now?” He shrugged his shoulders. “Been one since 15.”

“Seriously?”

“Seriously.”

“You’re awful.”

Yoongi looked at Agust, seeing his smile. He smiled back, knowing he was joking.