2 ⋆ 'Sex'

The man who had me was holding me discreetly by the back of my neck. I was confused. I didn't understand what was happening.

The done up older lady in front of me gave him a handful of coins, and just like that, he shoved me to her. "Pleasure doing business with you." I said and turned walking away with a second thought. I turn to look at him go, making no attempt to fallow.. then look up to the woman.

She looked back down at me. Her expression was hard to read. She was tall too. Interesting.

I tilt my head with cautious and studying eyes. "Hello?" I greet, my voice soft.

"Hello." She said right back. "Do you know who I am?" She asks, her eyebrows twitching up just slightly. I think she already knew the answer.

I bring my arms up to hold myself, crossing them over me. I hesitate, than take a breath.

I gently shake my head, looking up to her with wide eyes.

"Madame Kaji." She responded simply, her tone even. "How old are you, girl?"

I swallow nervously running my arm down my own hand. "(age)." I mumble, looking up to the woman.

"Young." She hummed and nodded. She turned swiftly and walked into the building in front of us. "Come, child." She said without turning back to look at me.

I walk in behind her, the building was empty, and had a lot of mats down and privacy curtains up. I move from behind her to beside her, looking up at her. I was waiting for more explanation.

The looked down to me and lead me into a small empty room instead of giving me words. She sat me down, then sat cross legged in front of me. Even sitting she was taller than me.

"I am Madame Kaji." She restated. "I own this brothel, and I just bought you out. Do you understand?" Her words were strong in I way, and she got right to the point of matters with her question.

How can she be so demanding sounding and so.. not at the same time. I mean she's calm, but still radiates power.

I look down to try to summon and answer, and choose to be honest. "No."

"No?" She mirrored my response. "What don't you understand?" She asked, her eyes reading me like a book.

"'brothel'." I say, just as she did. "What's this place? What's a brothel?" I asked, scooting and inch forward.

Her expression churned into a gentle disbelief that only added to her resting face before she let out a scoff-like chuckle. "A house of desire." She decided on.

"Desire?" I questioned. I admit, I'm a little lost.

Her laughter, if you could even call it that, ceased. She seemed to realize a genuinely had no Idea about this topic. She took a moment and straightened, trying not to be so cryptic with her answer now, and went to rephrase it. "Sex, child." She said. "Men come here and pay for women who provide them with what they want." She said. Something clicked on me.

"Sex." I repeat. I.. kinda understood the concept, but it wasn't a thing I was allowed to do when in custody of those men. Why? Because they said 'sex' would result in a child, and of course one freak like me, sharing different features than them isn't a child that anyone would want. That was my knowledge on the topic. Nothing more, or less. I peer past Madame Kaji as I think, and back to her when I was done. "People come hear to make children?" I ask, because it's what I naturally concluded.