3 ⋆ Claws

Today was slow in the brothel for the workers, which was both good and bad.

I know this isn't exactly their dream jobs. They have contracts and we're older than me, so they couldn't exactly decide not to work.

I did feel bad for them, especially the ones that are kind to me.

I decided that today would be a good one if any to serve them up something to cheer their spirits.

I put some tea to a boil, and pour it into cups before bringing it down to the room in which the ladies and guy worker wait to be called to work. They were all there.

A gentle frown pulled on my lips as I saw them all dryly conversate. Some re-apply makeup or do their hair, some are changing into different dresses and robes. Though, when I enter, all stop to look at me. I smile softly and present the tray of tea, walking in cautiously.

"I've brought tea, for who wants it." I offer gently. The only male worker, who was generally nothing but kind was first to return my smile. "Thank you dear" he rose and walked over to grab one. The girl he was talking to beforehand also rose, fallowing in his footsteps. "Very thoughtful, y/n" she said sweetly and took one.

I first give a small nod to the man. "No problem, Kuma. Not at all. I assumed some would appreciate a pick-me-up." I smile, and offer around more. Some more women come over and start to conversate with hands of tea and faces with pleasant expressions.

"Typical," a voice of one who stayed behind said calmly. "Madame Kaji's pet felt she could walk into a room of people who do real work while others.." she paused and looked in my direction to make it deliberate she was speaking of me. "Sit on their perfect ass all day and look pretty" she flicked her wrist over and set her head on her ruptured palm. "And she can't even do that right."

"Ise!" One immediately scolded while others watch or gasp gently.

This wasn't the first time she's called me out for doing.. essentially nothing. I was somewhat used to it.

Some step over to her defending me without a fight raising while others continue to talk to me, some silently continue with their tea, and some apologizing for their coworker. I felt it was unfair of her to say that cause I still worked to serve men in the brothel, just not how they do it. Pouring their drinks while they wait wasn't much, but it wasn't nothing. Regardless, I grew thicker skin to her insults.

Because of that, I didn't fuss any, and accepted everything said to me. Slowly all the room with this started buzzing before an uncalled-for thing happened. Madame Kaji walked in.. but you could automatically tell something was.. off.

Her calm demeanor was shifted up, in fact, she looked somewhat frantic.

"Madame, we haven't seen you all day." One chimed, everyone looking over while some quietly talk about the topic.

"Where were you?" Another asks

"We haven't had a call all day" Ise says and leans back.

We all look to each other and back to her, where she had her hand up to tell them to silence, which we all did.

"Hamata's claws are roaming." Was all she uttered.. which answered some questions, but not others.