Chapter 4

I woke them up and cooked them breakfast with Matthew being disgusted by the smell of fish cooking while Miranda was starving. I ate what was left of the fish I had caught earlier that morning and cooked it so that it wasn't raw. I got ready grabbing my shirt and jacket along with my bag that had all the things I needed and waited outside of the tent for Miranda and Matthew to get out of the tent and pack up so we could continue.
" Hurry up we don't have much time they could still be searching and I for one don't want to be found." I said loudly so that both of them in the tent could hear me. Ugh honestly this could take forever if I don't intervene as I walked towards the tent and zipped it open to see that Miranda was having trouble getting up. We got into an argument and I don't know what came over me I just started to scream at her. " IF you could just hurry up maybe we wouldn't have to be stuck here!" she then tried to respond but I cut her off. I could tell that she was holding back tears from coming down her eyes but I was oblivious to see that. All of my emotions just came rushing out and I couldn't control it. Only mere minutes later I realized what I had. I had hurt one of my only close friend who cared enough to risk her life to help me. I felt a lot of guilt rise in my gut, I had to apologize to Miranda and whilst, why couldn't I just keep my calm. Everything was spiraling out of control Miranda and Matthew began to trust me other less with us talking less. My attempts were not heard out by them only making me more frustrated with myself.

Why did I always screw things up? Am I the problem. Progressing through the days not talking to the others became an everyday thing. This was until I stopped Miranda when she stopped to whisper something to herself. I wanted to apologize to her and ask what made her so paranoid of me I looked Matthew as to signal to him that I would like some time alone to speak with Miranda.

" Miranda please let me apologize to you for what happened earlier."

" Fine" was the only response that I got from her it made me happy but yet very nervous was I felt sweat dripping down my hands and face.

She explained to me that the stress of everything that was going on around us was starting to get to her. I apologized to her sincerely and we made up. We regrouped and continued on and we were all exhausted by the events of the past couple days. As I continued down the dirt path I did not hear any shoes cracking against the road and I turned my head to see two agents behind me forcefully holding onto my friends. My face was full of shock my eyes could not believe what they were seeing it felt like a nightmare that I could not erase from my mind.

Why did it always have to be me? They probably hate me for bringing them into this situation. I am an idiot...