Chapter 6

There was a sign that I could make out as we were at the outskirts of the town. From the hair and description of the people I could tell it was us which sent me into a state of shock. How did they know we were going to be here. Knowing that we were going to stick out like a sore thumb I immediately grabbed the two and pulled them back into a bush as someone walked by and I shushed them two of them. When I knew that the person wasn't there anymore I showed them the poster. We knew that if we were recognized in public the people would have no hesitation to send us back. I pulled out three sweatshirts with hoodies to hide our faces. It wasn't a great solution but it was the only one we had so it was better than nothing. I hesitated to say anymore because of the risk that they would freak out. I always worried about them because I felt like I had dragged both of them down with me into this situation.

" Come on let's get out of here we need to explore our his place to better understand it and blend in." Miranda chimed in with Matthew siding with her as I butted in with concern over her dumb idea because I knew her it would draw massive attention to us.

" What do you know! Huh unless you know that it is going to fail don't interfere with my ideas and plans!" She screamed at me and this dumbfounded me, after everything that I had done to protect her she still yells at me. I walked away with my hoodie over my head looking at the sky seeing the sunset. I turned my head back to see them creeping out and following behind me as we walked to find a place to I sit watching the sunset. When the sun arose we all got up and decided to look for somewhere to eat breakfast. It happened that it rained and that day which helped us keep calm and relaxed. We reached a breakfast place called "Dennies" which served all kinds of food, we devoured our plates as we hadn't eaten any type of breakfast in 3 days. It was satisfying to finally have something in out stomachs. It was fascinating to see all the stores selling different types of jewelry. I tried to stop Miranda but it was no use. She acted like a little child and pretended she didn't know the rules.

My anger and disappointment in how she was acting was at its boiling point as I grabbed her shoulder and pulled her towards me and whispered to her " Please stop it, don't draw attention to us it makes us look out of place remember." She then responded back to me arguing that we could pose as tourists and we shouldn't have to hide our identities. Suddenly I felt something hard hit the back of my head and everything went black and all I heard were the muffled screams and cries. Next thing I remember was I awoke to be inside an interrogation room with two people staring at me with questionable looks as if they wanted to ask me something serious. I lifted my head up to see one of them wearing a badge  and a flag that I had seen before during one of my classes back at Sysetrion that definitely was not the flag that I despised and never wanted to see again. But I chose to ignore it as to answer the questions that they had for me. What they asked me launched me into a nervous breakdown and that usually never happens. I tried to deny that Matthew and Miranda had been abducted by two people in mysterious black coats and that witnesses were only able to save me from being abducted as well. My mind started going to the horrible thoughts circling through my mind and I had to be brought back to the present by one of the people wearing the badges who's name and job they had was.

(I usually don't do this but this is a change in POV)

Miranda POV:
Where are we! I screamed aloud scared I was all alone but then a voice I recognized made me relax a little. I called aloud " Matthew are you there? If you are respond back." And as quickly as I said it a response came back to me "Miranda is that you? Do you remember what happened." It took me a couple of minutes to get the thoughts back together as the pieces started to string together I realized that it must have been James Salan then out of a dark corner in the room I heard a chuckle which sent chills down my spine and caused my head to sweat from fear.

" Ah look who it is, sweet Miranda how great it is to see you again my dear."

(Another cliffhanger hahahaha)