Ep: 1 Why her?

"I get what you are trying to say but WHY THE HELL DOES IT HAVE TO BE A GIRL PD-NIM?" Hyun-jin roared.

Members had their ears pressed to that damn door to JYP's office for about 20 minutes. Hyunjin ran off to talk to JYP as soon as Chan had announced to the group that the new trainee Yoon Su-yeon had finalized her contract and will be joining them soon.

For sure everyone had been taken aback by the decision, but Hyun-Jin has been hard on himself ever since Woojin left, he constantly felt insecure about members leaving him alone and he didn't like the fact that Woojin's replacement was a girl.

"Hyunjin, I think I've told you this before, her performance currently is phenomenal, her vocal range is as good as him, not only that but she has been training with our in-house producers for 3 years so she's an aid to 3RACHA as well. Her monthly evaluation results and current progress report has been analyzed and discussed with the leader as well-."

  "I know the technicalities, sir! but why a girl?"

"I don't think you believe anyone is evaluated based on their gender, Hyunjin. She's a good performer. "

"I DON'T CARE SIR, SHE MIGHT BE A GOOD PERFORMER BUT YOU HAVE GIRL GROUPS FOR THAT. WE'RE ALL BOYS. HAVE YOU EVER CONSIDERED HER INFLUENCE ON THE TEAM? ABOUT HOW HARD IT WILL BE FOR US TO ADJUST SIR...I REFUSE TO ACCEPT HER AS A MEMBER SIR..HOW SO EVER GOOD SHE IS I REFUSE TO ACCEPT HER...PLEASE" Hyunjin tried to hold it all in, but he couldn't, he was not willing to accept any negotiation right now.

"I have made the decision Hyunjin, Su-yeon will join the team as soon as she moves in the dorm. Her contract has been finalized and signed and this step has been discussed with the pr team, the in-house committee and your leader who in fact has talked to the members as well about it. Had you been paying attention in weekly meetings and at the discussions at your dorm. I believe you would have known why we chose her'' JYP explained.

The pinch of sarcasm had soured his heart. Hyunjin slammed the door to JYP's office. He looked at the members agonized, hinting a sense of betrayal and anxiety and ran back home as fast as he could. He did not know what was wrong, he was not feeling like himself and he needed to escape.

He locked himself in his room for hours...he only came out to have a glass of water and went to sleep after that, without even bothering to talk. The members felt bad for him. Chan had been trying to talk to him but he would either say "I understand Hyung" and end the conversation or he would legit pretend not to hear anything. 

He refused to talk about it. About how everything just felt hard, about how hurt he was right then.

"Well it sure is weird to have a girl when we've all been together for years," said Felix.

"Yeah but it's about adjustments... a few months into it and we'll be fine," said Changbin

"yeah that and the fact that she is capable and deserving as well..there must be a reason Chan Hyung chose her, out of so many trainees...its 2023 guys, i  don't think her being a girl should limit her opportunities." said Seungmin

"I don't think her being a girl is the problem guys, hyunjin has been acting up a lot lately.. .ever since woojin left hyunjin has been insecure and well...alone. he needs time and with time I think he will adjust to Su-yeon as well" said Bang Chan, his eyes gleaming with nothing but pity.

"He needs to eat right now hyung..he'll fall sick at this rate" said Han handing the plate to Lee-know who had gestured his hand out to help.

"You're gonna lose all that hair if you keep stressing and dancing Hyunjin-ah. I'm keeping the dinner here... so either come out and eat this or sleep with tissues in your mouth" said Lee-know legit banging on Hyunjin's door.

"You could've been polite hyung" Hyunjin came out covered in sweat, eyes red and puffy.

" He's never been that nice Hyun-jin-ah...you should know that," said Changbin before walking off to his room cause the way Lee Know looked at him was well scary~

"Take it easy hyung.. it's gonna be fine" said jeongin

Hyun-jin hummed.

The bell rang, 

"Who the heck is it at freakin 1 at night?" sneered jeongin.

"I'll see"

And with Chan came in their new member, YOON SU-YEON.

"HI GUYS! IM YOON SU-YEOUN.GLAD TO BE WORKING WITH YOU GUYS...PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL ME SU"

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL ME SU"

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.