Ep 5: You should've told us

"YOU ARE GOING TO ANNOUNCE MY DEBUT? IN AN HOUR?" I screamed right into the phone, might as well have startled Mr. Lee

"Oh, Su? I was gonna call you, but I thought of notifying Chan first. It's gonna be in an hour...Congratulations " he said and cut the call, obviously in a hurry.

I muttered a little thank you, all my members were hyped up too, congratulating me and pacing all over the place, it indeed was a very happy moment for me, but I felt a pit of anxiety in my stomach, I had always been confident and relaxed before auditions and stuff so this was new, I really didn't know how the fans would react, will I be accepted? or would I have to leave jyp?

"Stop being so nervous" jisung said.

"Congratulations on your debut" hyunjin almost whispered by.

"I'll get us all more drinks" said jeongin
"You call that frootie jeongin..it's not *a drink*" Minho said typsy from all that wine.
"I'll go call mom and dad, give me a minute." I said grabbing my phone and walking out.

*About 40 minutes later* a notification popped in from the official site and it has been done

JYPNATION proudly announces the debut of the nineth member of stray kids, YOON SUYEON. The newest addition to stray kids has been selected after a chronological series of selection events and attentive discussions. The first performance of the group officially including member Suyeon is scheduled for the open mini concert in Seoul 2 months ahead, marking the release SKZ-RELOAD. We request you to welcome Su-yeon with open arms and anticipate her debut performance.

JYP NATION

I didn't look at the reactions of the fans right now, I knew they'd be mixed comments and there was no point upsetting myself before my first showcase and so I knew I had to work hard, hard as hell to prove myself and to prove the fact that I dese...

I didn't look at the reactions of the fans right now, I knew they'd be mixed comments and there was no point upsetting myself before my first showcase and so I knew I had to work hard, hard as hell to prove myself and to prove the fact that I deserved this chance and there came in the 3AM motivation, I had decided to throw myself into it...train harder, wanting it to be perfect. The next day, I scheduled myself for the practice studio for whenever they were free. I went back and forth from the dorm to the jyp building like 4 or 5 times every day till the showcase. Not just me, but the whole team went through intensive training for 2 months..non stop switching between dance and vocal...everyone had put in their all.

*skz pov*

"Where's Su?" Chan asked.

"Practice studio" said jeongin

"AGAIN?" Chan said completely shocked...it was crazy how she still had the strength in her to stand up and train the next day...Su had been working very hard, she left the dorm earlier than everyone else and came back later around 2 or 3 in the morning. She hardly slept or ate a proper meal and it had me worried.

"she's gonna fall sick at this rate...all she does is either practice or sleep" Minho said trying to contact her.

"I need to talk to her when she comes back" Chan said and thus he waited till she arrived. Right there at the center table in front of the hallway, alarmed when he heard a click...he stood up and opened the door before she could. (It's been two months she obviously had the keys)