Chapter 1 ~~ My little titanium girl

Funki was a huge toy company which building was located in the centre of Seattle. That was the place where Cady's aunt and Nicole's sister, Gemma Reed, was working. 

Gemma was in the work room of her and her co-workers with one of them, Tess. They were checking on one of toys which were Perrpetual Petz, Funki most characteristic product. Gemma tried to make the toy work, but it broke down. The young woman sighed. 

- Why are we doing this? - she asked tired. 

- Because we have to. - Tess answered. 

- I know, but... can we do, like, something different, better? 

Tess shrudded. 

- Like what? M3GAN? 

Gemma got scared. 

- No, no, no. Not her. I don't want David to find out about her. We all know he might use her as a thing to make the company get more money. I don't want her to be treated like that. 

Tess sighed. 

- Look, I know you're very attached to her, but she's not a person. She just a titanium robot, she's a... 

- Don't, stop. - Gemma said hardly. 

- What? 

- Call her whatever you want, but A, I tried my best to find a partner, but I failed, B, I tried my best to adopt a child, but I also failed, and C, according to A and B, she is the only way I could finally have a daughter to love. 

- I know, Gem, I know. She's your invention, you can do with her whatever you want. 

Gemma sighed too. 

Suddenly their friend and co-worker, Cole, came in to the room and showed them a box he got. They looked at it happily, espacially Gemma. 

- Is that what I think it is? - she asked. The man nodded. Gemma smiled. 

They got out a life-like robot doll. 

The doll had pale skin, grey eyes, blonde long wavy hair, and was dressed with white pantihouse, grey-white stripped shirt, black elegant shoes and yellow quiet short dress. 

The doll was hanged in the lab table. 

Cole got out from the box a yellow-white-red-blue bowknot. The man came to the doll and put on the bowknot under the collar of the dress. 

When he moved away, Gemma grabbed a pen and came to the doll. 

- M3GAN, please, follow the pen with your eyesight. - she asked and checked the transparecy of the doll. 

- She's doing better than last time. - Tess noticed with great suprise. 

- Yeah. She may not be perfect, but I try to teach her a lot of things. One day she'll be great. 

Gemma put the pen down. 

- M3GAN, can you answer me? - she asked peacefully. The doll spoke with a little-girl-like robotic voice: 

- Yes, Gemma. 

- How are you feeling today? 

Tess and Cole sighed tired. 

- Gem, seriously? - Cole asked. 

- Please, don't ruin this! - Gemma said frustrated. - She can feel and think. I know that. 

- Gemma's right. - M3GAN said happily. - Thank you for appreciate me. And I'm doing good today. 

Gemma smiled.