Chapter 10 ˜ "We're sisters... for life"

M3GAN helped Cady heal, and thanks to this the girl soon woke up and everything went back to normal. At least that's what Gemma and M3GAN thought. Cady did wake up and she was feeling much better with her arm, but she didn't feel well emotionally. The girl remembered that her Mom and Dad died. She couldn't tell how awful she felt with that. Her parents were now like the entire world for her. And now the two persons that loved her most are gone. Her whole happiness is gone.

Suddenly M3GAN came in. The doll smiled at Cady, seeing that now her arm's all fine.

- Hey, Cady. - she said happily. Cady turned around, trying to look exciting.

- Hi, M3GAN.

M3GAN came closer to her.

- So - the doll spoke. - how would you like to help me make a flower decoration with nothing more that just a colour paper and a rubber bend. - she suggested the game, hoping that Cady will like it.

Suddenly the girl broke down. She started to cry loudly and desperately. M3GAN noticed that and she immediately got worried.

- Cady? - the girl was feeling even worse. M3GAN looked at her sympathetically. - Why are you sad, Cady? Is it your arm? Does it still sore? - Cady looked at the doll broken and shook her head. - Then what is it?

Cady hardly menaged to speak, her voice broken out of bad emotions and memories. - It's just that... every day I wake up in this strange house... and I remember that my parents are dead. I'm afraid of forgetting... all the things we did together. That one day I'll be looking at pictures of my Mom like she's some stranger.

The doll was silent for a moment, looking at her secondary user. Then she came close to her. She sat on the bed, next to her.

- Tell me something about your Mom. Something that makes you happy. - the doll spoke in a gentle tone. Cady tried to think, but she couldn't remember any happy memory.

- I don't know. I can't think of one thing. - she said, still very sad. M3GAN spoke again, her voice gentle and warm.

- Just try.

The girl thought again. Suddenly she remembered one of important moments with her mother. She decided to tell it to the doll.

- One time, she found a cockroache in my schoolbag. She was upset, cause I didn't eat my sandwitches. And then all of a sudden, this thing crawling up her wrist and she just started screaming like a maniac and ran out of the house. That was pretty funny.

- Okay. So that's the memory you won't ever forget.

- What do you mean?

- I mean I'm keeping it for you. - the doll touched her chest. - Here.

Then she played the girl's memory which she recorded. At first Cady was suprised, but then her sadness dissapeared, turning into happiness. She smiled grateful at M3GAN. The doll smiled at her too.

- At any time you want to tell me something special, something sad or happy or anything at all, you just tell me. And I'll keep it safe. And we could listen to it, whenever we want. - the doll explained gently. Cady hugged her and M3GAN hugged her back.

The girl was so happy to have someone like M3GAN by her side. She never wanted to loose her and she loved her. But she didn't know that the doll loved her and Gemma far greater. She would always be there for them and protect them. As she always does.