Chapter 8 ˜ The bad event

A day later, Cady was playing in the garden, while M3GAN was watching over her and looking all around her. The doll couldn't believe that the world could be such interesting and beautiful. She decided to walk out and see the garden. She did as she fought. She was watching the beautiful plants in the garden, when suddenly she heared Cady's voice:

- M3GAN, I lost one of my arrows. Can you see it?

The doll immediately started looking for the arrow. She noticed it on the other side of the fence - the yard that belonged to Gemma's neighbour, Celia. M3GAN came there and knelt down to grab the arrow. Suddenly Celia's dog rapidly came to them and started to biting and pulling the doll. Cady became frightened.

- M3GAN! - she quickly ran to her and tried to save her. - Get away from her! Gemma!! - the dog didn't stop at all. - Stop it, you're hurting her!

Suddenly the dog let go off M3GAN and bit the girl hardly. She screamed. When it let go of the two of them and ran away, Gemma ran to them, worried. Also Celia came.

- Oh, my God. - Gemma was really scared, seeing Cady's huge injury on the arm. - How many times do I have to tell you to keep your dog off my property!? - the woman shouted at Celia.

- He wasn't on your property! You tell those two girls to stay on your side of the fence!

- I swear to God, if you don't put your dog down, I'm gonna do it for you, Celia. - Gemma threatened.

- Gemma. - M3GAN said. Both the woman and the weeping girl payed their attention to the doll. - Cady's temperature's rising. Her wound needs to be disinfected immediately.

Cady and Gemma walked away, aunt trying to calm her niece down softly.

- This wouldn't have happened if you fixed the fence! - Celia shouted, making M3GAN look at her with muderous look. The old lady got suprised, before she went away.

In the evening, Gemma was talking to the police officer.

- Are you kidding me? Her entire arm looks terrible and you're telling me that there's nothing that we can do?

- She sad it was provoked.

- Provoked? Have you seen this dog? It is a monster. I'm chasing it of off my property every other day.

- Well, she says it's never on your property.

- Then why don't you ask her whose shit I'm cleaning off my driveway, because it's not mine.

- Look, the dog doesn't have the history of violence, so the law says it can't forcibly be put down.

- Okay, so what am I supposed to do?

The policeman sighed.

- Fix the whole in your fence?

They didn't know that M3GAN was watching them and listening to their conversation from inside the house. She watched Cady's state. It wasn't good. She decided to do the only thing that was the best for her secondary user's safety.

When Gemma returned and came to sleep, M3GAN silently came out of the house. She got closer to the fence and started imitating Celia's voice:

- Dewey! Dewey, boy! Come on, boy. Come on.

She clapped and left the snack on the grass. After a short while the dog came to the fence and ate the snack. Suddenly the doll rapidly grabbed the dog and pulled it to the ground, choking it. The dog was squealing, but M3GAN had no mercy. Suddenly she broke the dog's neck and burried it in the park. Then she returned to the house, being happy that she saved both her primary user and secondary user.