Chapter 9 ˜ The bad event (part two)

In the morning, Gemma woke up hearing someone shouting outside of her yard. She hardly got up and looked to see who it was. It turned out to be Celia looking for her dog. Gemma sighed. She started wondering what could have happened to the dog, but she immediately stopped. She remembered that yesterday, because of that dog, her niece got hurt. She decided to check on the girl. She went out of her room and came to Cady's. She saw the girl lying in the bad, still not feeling any better.

- Hey. - Gemma said gently. Cady hardly sat on the bed. Gemma sad next to her, being even more worried about her. - How are you feeling?

Cady smiled misty, when she spoke, her voice quiet and broken:

- I'm okay. It's sore.

- The pain will pass after a few days. In the meantime, don't forget to take your antibiotics and drink plenty of fluids. And be sure to get plenty of rest.

Cady and Gemma both looked at M3GAN grateful.

- Yeah, thanks, M3GAN. - Cady said.

- You know, I think M3GAN's right. You should probably get some rest. I'll make you a hot tea and... maybe bring you a bag, so you can vomit into it, if you feel like. And, as M3GAN said, try to fall asleep again. Okay? - Gemma explained to her niece. Cady was unsure, but she nodded.

Gemma smiled at her misty and got up, to do as she said.

- We're not gonna go to the presentation? - the girl asked, which made the woman look at her suprised.

- What's up?

- You told me that we have the presentation in front of some important people at your work place. Today is the day, isn't it?

- Oh. - suddenly Gemma remembered it. She knew that she has to be at that presentation, or she will get fired. But, on the other hand, she didn't want to put Cady at that position. She knew it's important for the girl to get a lot of rest and recover. - Cady... you don't have to do it. I mean... there are a lot of people who flew across the country especially to see it. But... you think you'll be feeling up for it? You don't have to do it, if you don't want to do it. If you're not up, I'd rather you tell me now, okay?

- I... it's sore, but... I'll be okay.

- You're sure about it?

After a while of hesitating, Cady nodded.

- Yeah.

Gemma sighed. She wasn't sure about that, but they both knew that this way the only way.

M3GAN was looking at them with determination. She wanted to somehow avoid them going to Funki building and make them stay at home. If she wouldn't achieve it with their will, she'll do it by force. They'll be grateful for that to her.

When they were ready to leave the house, Gemma tried to open the door, but it didn't work. Suddenly all of the windows got locked. The woman and the girl got really scared.

- What happened? - Cady asked.

- I don't know. - Gemma said. - It never happened before. - she tried to open the door and windows again, but again it did not work. - M3GAN. - she called out. The doll came to them.

- Yes, Gemma?

- Why are all the ways out locked? Can you figure out a way how to open them? - the doll checked on Cady. She noticed that the girl was feeling even worse, her arm still in a bad condition and her emotional state wasn't good. Suddenly the girl pulled Gemma's hand.

- Aunt Gemma? - she asked in a broken misty voice.

- One second, Cady. - her aunt answered quickly. - M3GAN?

Suddenly Cady fell to the ground, passing out. Gemma got extremely scared. She knelt close to her unconscious niece, panicked.

- Cady, Cady, oh, my God! - she tried to call the emergency services, but her phone didn't work as well. - Shit! - the woman cried. Suddenly she heared M3GAN coming closer and kneeling in front of Cady. She checked all the girl's life parametres.

- Don't worry, Gemma. It's just a harmless effect of the injury. Let me take Cady to bed. With my care, she'll be fine. I promise. - the doll assured. Gemma looked at her grateful.

- Thank you, M3GAN. - she said, trying her best to calm down. The doll smiled at her creator and then took Cady in her arms, getting up and going upstairs. Gemma also got up and sat on the sofa.

She was hoping that M3GAN will succed with healing Cady. She was worried about her niece's health, but hoping that everything will soon be okay.