Chapter 7 ~~ The family bond

From that time, when Gemma brought M3GAN and Cady back home, the new period of happiness started in their lifes. Gemma could calm down and focus on the presentation of Leroy in front of the board and the later launch, while M3GAN was watching Cady when Gemma was out. The doll became like a best friend and an older sister for the girl. She was her guardian, playmate and teacher. She was teaching her basic useful things, coming up with funniest games, but also comforting Cady and talking to her. 

One day, at work, Gemma finally ended the presentation script, while Tess and Cole were checking if M3GAN was all fine. Cady was sitting at the desk next to them and drawing. 

- And then, it can end with something like "Leroy. He's more than just a toy, he's part of the family". - Gemma suggested. 

- Looks good. - Cole said. - You're not gonna do the voice, though, right? 

- No. Obviously, David's gonna make up his own version of it. I just want him to be aware of what it is that he's selling. 

Suddenly Cady turned to them.

- Aunt Gemma? - she asked. Gemma payed her attention to her niece. 

- Hmm? 

- What is Leroy? Is he similar to M3GAN? 

Gemma wanted to answer, but Cole interrupted her. 

- Yeah, kid, but Leroy acts more like other Perrpetual Petz, M3GAN is much better. She's more like Leroy 2.0. 

- Yeah, besides... if you want to be at this presentation, you can, but... we can't take M3GAN, cause I just don't want our boss to find out about her. Okay? 

Cady grew a little bit sad. 

- That's okay. I was just asking. - she answered sad. Gemma was worried about the girl. She got up and came to her. 

- Hey. - she began. - I'm sorry if you're feeling that I'm not there for you. I promise that when everything's over, we can spend some time together, okay? 

A few tears ran down Cady's cheeks. Gemma grew worried. 

- Hey. Whoah, whoah, whoah. Cady. - the girl cried even more. - Cady, look at me. - she looked at her aunt. 

- Gemma? - M3GAN asked. They all turned to her. 

- I thought she was turned off. - Tess said concerned. 

- No! Let her speak, she's not a shitty toy-dog. M3GAN, what's up? 

- Could I take Cady and talk to her face to face? She doesn't want to bother you and she trusts me. - Gemma looked at her niece worried. 

- Of course, M3GAN. Please, go. Tell me if you'll both need me. - she asked. The doll turned to Cady. 

- Come, Cady. Tell me what happened. I will help you. 

The girl nodded, still weeping. M3GAN came to Cady and they both came out of the workroom. 

Gemma grew worried. She was afraid that Cady could be sad, because of her parents' death. She wanted to be there for her niece, but on the other hand she knew that M3GAN would do that for her. 

Despite regretting this decision, she decided to focus on talking the presentation. 

She was hoping that soon Cady will feel better.