Two: Hidden Truths

Amaterasu (Sitting on a boulder with a scroll in hand): Welcome to Chapter Two. Although no one has solved the prophecy in Chapter One, I am excited to see what my readers develop. Let's move on to the next part.

drabsyo - Please, enjoy the chapter. Let me know your thoughts and I hope for possible new artwork! Have a pleasant read!

-----------------------------------------------------

[The Granger Household - Breakfast Time - Dining Room]

Hermione sat up in her bed and ran her hand through her long hair before she pulled out her dream journal from the drawer of her nightstand, along with a quill from the inkwell by her bed, and started writing down the words the large wolf spoke - the Prophecy of Fur and Feathers, as Hermione dubbed it. Once the last word was written, Hermione started at the words with confusion dancing within her brown eyes: 

Fur and Feather - Destined to unite.The Lion's Den - Filled with lies.A Family - Divided.A Kingdom - United.From Ally to Enemy.From Enemy to Friend.Supensed in the Middle.Turmoil shall End.Claim Your Crown.Claim Your Throne.Follow The Howls.They shall guide you Home.

Hermione's fingers ran along the dried ink before she growled under her breath and closed the journal before turning it to the drawer of her nightstand, closing it, and placing the tip of the quill back within the inkwell. Hermione's ear seemed to twitch when the voice of her mother called her down for breakfast - she could smell the honey and bacon coming from downstairs; her mouth seemed to water at the smell as she yanked the blankets off her body, placed the slippers on her feet and walked out of her room, closing the door behind her and walking down the stairs when she realized something...

'Since when did my sense of smell and hearing get so...keen?' Hermione wondered as she stopped at the center of the stairs when the thoughts began flowing around her mind. Hermione looked to her right and saw a picture of a 5th Birthday Party with her parents. Hermione looked at the wide grin of the 5-year-old Hermione Granger and noticed that her canines were rather...noticeable...as a 5-year-old. Hermione opened her mouth while lifting her index finger to her right canine and - sure enough - the tip of her finger came in contact with a rather sharp tip from her canine. Hermione raised an eyebrow as she removed her hand and ran her tongue along the curved edge of her tooth - it was far longer than it should have been. What was happening to her?

"Hermione?" 

Hermione closed her mouth and looked down the stairs to see her mother - Monica Granger - staring up at her with concern on her face as she stood there in her lavender silk pajamas.

"Good Morning, Mom." Hermione greeted her mother.

"Good Morning, My Little Pup." Monica greeted her daughter, Hermione groaned at the sound of that name - Monica gave Hermione that nickname when she was around 4 years old because Hermione was apparently rather wolfish: predominantly feasting on meat, disliking loud noises and thunder, engaging in staring contests with cats, as well as a dislike for the rain but fondness of the snow; there was also the case of Hermione having a rather constant warm body, even when the weather was rather freezing. Monica remembered that when it was snowing - Hermione wore a simple hoodie instead of a winter coat; constantly maintaining her warm temperature. 

"Are you alright, Hermione? You seem to be lost in your own world." Monica asked.

"I'm fine... Just thinking about a recurring dream I've been having." Hermione said as she looked off to the side.