Part 4

The next day, Ruby woke up to light rain. He sat up from the damp ground with a slight feeling of guilt. He was startled by a dew drop falling on his nose and jumped to his feet. He walked over to where Percy slept nearby.

He carefully grabbed his shoulders in way to not wake the boy before lifting him up and shouting, "Wake up, Iop head!" Ruby set him down, pointed to a basket of grain and told him, "You go sort the grain, I'm making a fire. We have to make bread somehow!" As he walked away he took some oil out of a shoulder bag and threw it at Percy. "For the bread!"

"How did you even get this grain?"Percy said to Ruby

"Let's just say I found it."Ruby responded

"Why can't I be the one scavenging for firewood?"Percy complained , "How is this so boring?" Percy said

As Ruby walked through the thick wood, he noticed that all of the loose pieces were soaked and climbed a tree in search of dry wood. As he neared the top, a tall slim man with faint blue eyes, and strawberry red hair walked by. Ruby tried to stay still as he balanced on the tree branch. Unfortunately his efforts of stillness failed Ruby fell off the tree branch with a large thud.

Percy heard the thud and ran over.

"Are you okay, Ruby?" Percy said hastily.

"I'm fine..." Ruby grunted.

"Don't you dare hurt him!" Percy yelled while picking up his small sword and pointing it at the strange man.

"Woah, woah, woah! I'm a Cra, not a combat artist!" the man said while squinting his eyes.

"Ruby is this true?!"Percy said with disbelief.

"Uh, yeah- I guess..." Ruby responded.

"Well, than how do you have red hair?" Percy questioned

"When I was little, a fiery skeleton man slashed my eye before he returned to sanity. Directly after his curse ran out of him, his anger passed through my hair like red smoke and all the anger turned my hair red." the man said, "By the way, my name's Opar."

"Mine's Percy!"

"Ruby to 'ya," Ruby said.

"Funny. I actually came here for adventures, but there's nothing but nothing in these woods," Opar said "You can come with us!" Ruby exclaimed. "What!? He's as bad as cold shower!" Percy slandared under his breath to Ruby.

"Ohh come on give him a chance. He might even be good at archery!" Ruby said to Percy.

"Fine!" Percy said complaining .