merlin

Okay, so this has been on my mind.

So Arthur survives the battle at the end of the show. This is a story about what happens after.

Arthur has a lot on his mind right now, morgana was never killed and has disappeared to lick her wounds.

Whilst trying to ensure the king lived, Arthur learned a lot about merlin.amd believed him when he said he was good, so he didn't automatically demand his friends death the moment he was back on his throne.

The two avoid each other, and Arthur has a chance to talk to his knights, gwen, and Giuse. It's still awkward, so Freya intervenes.

She brings them into the lake to veiw the future.

The group watched merlin become the court sorcerer and Lord and advisor to the king.

They watch merlin slowly pull away from his friends and family, which are the only things keeping him from diving too deep into magical knowledge and isolation.

The king puts up with his friends' experiments but worries constantly as they tend to either go really well or blow up in merlin face. (And the surroundings as well)

Merlin, 5 years after the battle, is struggling to find his place among the court where ladies are trying to catch his eye. All around him, friends have settled down (even gwaine!) and have families. But merlin becomes more withdrawn as he longs for Freya, not believing he could have a relationship since everyone knew how powerful his magic was and his dragon lord status. Morgana is still making bids for the thrown, meaning anyone merlin was with would be in constant danger.