5.

Dorinda's POV, Next Day

I woke up and decided to leave Bey asleep while I washed my face and brushed my teeth. I was going to make breakfast as a nice gesture for how accommodating she's been to me in New York. I know shopping is the plan today but hopefully we can have a relaxing morning before we have to get dressed for the day.

After finishing my skincare routine and brushing my teeth, I put my hair in a low bun. I walked out of the bathroom and saw Bey still knocked out.

I grabbed my phone and decided I'd call my sister Karen on FaceTime while I cooked.
I'm great at cooking breakfast food, but unfortunately haven't mastered too many dishes aside from cubed steak and Jiffy mix cornbread. I propped up my phone against the paper towel rack and waited for Karen to answer.

"Heyyy Dorrinny rinn rin! What's up girl!" Karen said, full of enthusiasm.

"Heyyy KareBear! Nothing much, how are you?" I smiled back, turning on the stove's eye.

"Girl I'm about to head out and run some errands but I'm in this drive thru line getting coffee first." She said. I looked at the screen closely to see her in line at Starbucks.

"Oh okay. I'm cooking breakfast right now but probably going to go shopping later." I said. I got the eggs out of the fridge and the other ingredients to make omelets. I looked back at my phone to see Karen squinting her eyes all up in the screen.

"Girl what are you doing?" I said laughing as I cracked the eggs in a bowl.

"I'm trynna see whose house you at cause this don't look like your kitchen." She said.
I froze for a moment but laughed it off as I continued to cook. Maybe if I ignore her she won't bring it back up. Thank God she was next up to place her order because she's so nosy.

The pan was hot so I added the veggies to cook before pouring the eggs for my first omelet. Once halfway cooked, I added shredded cheese in the center. I flipped the omelet over to cook more before placing it on a plate. I started on the next one and could hear Karen accepting her change from the order. I got a bowl of fruit out from the fridge and placed a few pieces on each plate.

"Oh so you're just going to ignore what I asked. Girl, where are you?" She asked.

"I'm in New York right now." I said.

"I'm parking my car cause I feel like you ain't telling me much. You're in New York but WHO are you in New York with? You don't know nobody." She said laughing.

In this moment as she laughed, I decided to keep my friendship with Bey under wraps. It's new and super special to me and because I feel like something more is bubbling between us, I want to keep it as private as possible. I'm more private than Bey if you could believe, so I don't want to just run my mouth even if it's to Karen.

"I'm at a friend's house and that's all you need to know." I said. I added the second omelet to a plate and grabbed forks. I turned the eye off and placed the skillet on the back eye.

"Why you sounding so secretive Dorinda? What? You at a man's house or something? Where are you forreal?" Before I could reply, I heard Bey calling my name. Karen heard it too and had a puzzled look on her face.

"There you are. Good morning, my love." Bey wrapped her arms around my waist and propped her head on my shoulder. She was now in view of my phone and I mentally wanted to scream.

"Oh my bad, I didn't know you were on the phone." She said, quickly taking her hands from around me but I put them back in place. Karen had an amused look on her face.

There was no need now in carrying on with secrecy to Karen because she is my best-friend after all and the most trustworthy person I know. I know she'll have a million and one questions for me but as long as she doesn't snitch to Jacky, I'll be good. That's a headache I don't want to deal with anytime soon.