10.

Kelly's POV, two weeks later

I'm here in Atlanta to pull up on MiMi. I'm familiar with her condo so it was easy for me to slide through unnoticed and go straight to her floor. I pressed the button on the elevator and hummed a tune as the elevator rose to her floor. I shuffled my way towards her spot and rang the doorbell.

I knew she was home so it shouldn't take her long to answer. I rang again and again and again. I didn't want to cause too much noise on her floor by banging on the door so the bell will suffice.

The door opened and there stood MiMi looking pissed.

Mission accomplished.

"Hi sunshine!" I kissed her cheek and pushed my way inside.

"Did you really have to ring my bell that many times?" She fussed. I laughed and went to her kitchen to help myself to a drink. I grabbed an apple juice box and walked back out to her living room.

I plopped on her couch and took my shoes off. I placed my feet in her lap as I stabbed the straw in the juice box.

"Comfortable?" She asked sarcastically.

"Very. Thanks for asking." I said smiling.

"You know I would've offered you something to drink?" She said.

"I'm not a guest MiMi. I can search for a drink myself." I said. I took a closer look at her and could tell something's going on with her. I'm glad my intuition kicked in and made me book a flight late last night so I can get to the bottom of it.

"I can't say I'm surprised you're popping up on me because it's so normal for you and those Knowles women to do so, but why are you here? I mean, I'm happy to see you but you usually give a heads up when you're in town." She said.

"You're straight to the point I see. Well I'm here because you have a lot of people worried about you, missy." I said.

"Me? Who's worried about me? I literally saw yall for B's birthday. I know I had to leave earlier than expected but I couldn't miss my meetings." She said.

I examined her face and could already tell she's going to put up a fight and not tell me the truth. When she's hiding something, she's quick to avoid eye contact. She's fidgeting with her hands and most of all responded too quickly for my liking.

"How long have I known you MiMi?" I asked.

"Too damn long." She mumbled as if I couldn't hear her.

"Exactly. Too damn long to know whether or not you're lying to me. Yes we all laid eyes on you in LA, but you're not responding to our group chats or answering our calls. And if you do respond, it's days later. Now I'm worried about you along with everyone else but you can bet your ass Beyoncé is freaking out the most. I had to stop her 3 different times from making a trip down here, so tell me what's going on." I said.

She finally looked up at me and sighed. She removed my feet from her lap and brought her legs up close to her body.

"I honestly don't know how to make sense of anything right now. While I'm happy that Bey has found her person with Dorinda, I feel betrayed that she didn't tell anyone about it. All those months she was silent, but at the same time constantly down my neck checking in on me and wanting to know what's going on in my life. She failed to open up about her personal life and I felt like that was a slap in my face. I don't know if I should feel the way I do because she may perceive it as jealousy which it isn't. If Blue didn't say anything at breakfast, would we have ever learned about their relationship? Lord forbid if she's out the loop for anything in our lives it's world war 2 but something as big as a relationship with my gospel friend was where she drew the line? Kels, you know how much she means to me, so that's why I've been distant because I don't know how to express that to her without arguing." She said.